Confused between Flowcode v4.3 and Formula Flowcode

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

simon

Confused between Flowcode v4.3 and Formula Flowcode

Post by simon »

Hello,
I work at a college and we recently got Flowcode v4.3 to install. No problems there. We also have seperate CD's for other software titled 'Formula Flowcode v1.2' and 'ELSAM v2.3'. Here are my questions:-

1) On the Formula Flowcode there appears to be Flowcode version 3. Do I need to install this if I already have Flowcode v4 installed? If not, what from this CD do I need to install if anything? (There is a folder called 'Programmer' with an application called 'BuggyProg' in it which might be the only additional difference with v4.3. Do I need to install this, if anything?)

2) On the ELSAM CD there is a software folder with 8 sub-folders. Is it just a matter of going through each folder and install the software? On this same CD there is a folder called 'PPPv3' (which I presume I can ignore as PPP v3.9 installed with Flowcode v4.3 earlier) and a folder called 'Formula Flowcode' which had the software 'BuggyProg' inside it which seems to be the same version from the Formula Flowcode CD. Is this BuggyProg software needed?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Confused between Flowcode v4.3 and Formula Flowcode

Post by Steve »

I think the Formula Flowcode CD is only for people who do not have Flowcode V4 installed, so you can essentially ignore it.

All the appropriate files (including the programming utility and driver) should be part of the Flowcode V4 installation and/or on the Flowcode V4 CD.

simon

Post by simon »

Just to be doubley sure, on the ELSAM CD there are folders called ARM Programmer, AVRDUDEusb, ECIO, LocktronicsProg, MAIC, Formula Flowcode, PPPv3 and SAM_BA. I can ignore these if I've Flowcode v4 installed?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Yes - you should be able to ignore these.

simon

Post by simon »

Thanks for your help.