formula bugg can't interface with PC

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

chenjinghall

formula bugg can't interface with PC

Post by chenjinghall »

Hi, my formula bugg can't interface with pc via USB.Thus Program can't directly download to the microchip 18F4455. I have to remove microchip from bugg to V7 programmmer to program. where can i get the firmware for the microchip.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: formula bugg can't interface with PC

Post by DavidA »

Hello Chenjinghall,

Have you been using your buggy fine up until now or is this a brand new buggy and you are unable to load programs onto it via the usb?

If you are a new user to the buggy then you may not know that when loading a program into the buggy via Flowcode it will prompt you to press the reset button on the device, therefore allowing it to go into "Program Mode" which will then allow data to be written to the device. This is due to the bootloader inside the buggy only activating program mode when the reset button is pressed.

If you are aware of this fact and have programmed the buggy fine before hand and the chip containing the bootloader is not working properly, then you can purchase a chip with the firmware preloaded onto it from us. if you email sales <@> matrixmultimedia.co.uk for more information on this.

You can test whether the buggy is working by trying to use the buggy programmer that comes with Flowcode, or is available in our resource centre here.

chenjinghall

Post by chenjinghall »

DavidA wrote:Hello Chenjinghall,

Have you been using your buggy fine up until now or is this a brand new buggy and you are unable to load programs onto it via the usb?

If you are a new user to the buggy then you may not know that when loading a program into the buggy via Flowcode it will prompt you to press the reset button on the device, therefore allowing it to go into "Program Mode" which will then allow data to be written to the device. This is due to the bootloader inside the buggy only activating program mode when the reset button is pressed.

If you are aware of this fact and have programmed the buggy fine before hand and the chip containing the bootloader is not working properly, then you can purchase a chip with the firmware preloaded onto it from us. if you email sales <@> matrixmultimedia.co.uk for more information on this.

You can test whether the buggy is working by trying to use the buggy programmer that comes with Flowcode, or is available in our resource centre here.
CAN I send the microchip back for reloading firmware

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

If you have taken the chip out and reprogrammed, then you have removed the bootloader and you'll need a new chip.

We can post a replacement chip to you. This will cost you £10 (for postage to the UK) or £15 (everywhere else). I believe that you are already in contact with my colleague, Jayne. Please contact her to arrange the payment.