EB185 Will Not enter programming mode.

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jimbrem

EB185 Will Not enter programming mode.

Post by jimbrem »

With EX 1 loaded, the build process works fine, it compiles with no errors and ends the process with Exit Code: 0. As soon the Program Device is started I get the instruction to Connect the device to USB Port & enter programming mode by holding ‘Prog’ button & tapping the ‘Reset” button. Before I can read it, the message is removed I get the message: “Bad response received.” Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: EB185 Will Not enter programming mode.

Post by DavidA »

Hello Jim,

Are you using Flowcode for ARM or the C4ARM coursE?

jimbrem

Post by jimbrem »

I am using the C4ARMs

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Jim,

Have you installed the drivers for the Eb185 from our website? http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/lc_index.php?p=17

Also what operating system are you using to run the course? Is it 32 or 64bit?

jimbrem

Post by jimbrem »

Hi! David,
I'm trying to get the EB185 run on Windows 7 ( 32 bit ) but have had no success. I was told I needed SAM-BA v2.8 but I have been unable to locate a copy. Most of my confusion arises out of old imformation, and old drivers. I could really use the latest copy of insturctions on how to re-flash the ARM Board and how to Install the USB Bootloader; also when to do either or both. I'll investigate the link you recomended.

Thanks,

Jim

jimbrem

Post by jimbrem »

Hello Again Dave,
No luck with the website. I couldn’t identify anything I could recognize. I did down load the Technical Datasheet for the ARM Programmer & Daughter Board; But understand some instructions need to be updated for the EB185 to operate correctly with Windows 7.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The SAM-BA 2.8 software can be downloaded from here.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/softwar ... _Setup.exe

We are currently looking into the 2.11 version of SAM-BA to see if it really is compatible with the chips. Other versions released after 2.8 listed compatibility but did not seem to actually work correctly with the ARMSAM7S devices.

Also please check that the I/O and USB jumper is in the USB position and that it is making horizontal connections as shown on the picture on the datasheet.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/resourc ... 5-30-1.pdf

Let us know how you get on.

jimbrem

Post by jimbrem »

Hello Benji,
Thanks for the link. Although the message claimed this was SAM-BA 2.83, the screen presentation was marked SAM-BA 2.7.
That said, I went on to remove driver listed in the USB section of the Device Manager.
Once the USB driver was removed I went on to install the new driver, that ID’d itself as: AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM11).

I started SAM-BA 2.7; Entered ‘ COM11’ to select the connection. And, typed in the board type: AT91SAM7S128-EK. Selecting the ‘Connect’ button I got the following Message: “Failed to open connection”, and the board type kept reverting back to: ‘AT91CAP9-DK-MB’

I could really use some help with this thing. You got any ideas?

Jim

jpitz31

Post by jpitz31 »

Hello

I am having the same problem. I have WIndows 7 32 bit running in a VM under vmware fusion.

I have installed the c for ARM courseware and can sucessfully compile.

I have installed Samba 2.7 and it appears that I can re-flash the e-blocks 185 board. I followed the above procedures according to the 185 .pdf file.

I selected the USB/ARM port and was able to send the bin file to the board without errors.

But I still get the "Bad response received" error message after I press the program and hit reset and wait awhile, (When I try to run the ARM Test Program)

I have looked on the driver section, but I cannot find the eb185 drivers. when I search for eb185 I just see the .pdf file.

When I look in the device manager I do not see any device for the matrix board.

But I do sometimes hear the windows usb tones when I hit the Program and reset buttons.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

Joe

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi Joe,

This was an oversight and i have added the drivers for the ARM device onto the Learning Centre.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/lc_index.php?p=17

please try this and let me know if it helps

jpitz31

Post by jpitz31 »

Hi David,

Thanks for the link on the drivers. I will try them out when I get home tonight.

Joe

jpitz31

Post by jpitz31 »

Hi David,

I went back and re-flashed again. This time everything works just fine. I am now able to run the test program. I can use SAM-BA to load .bin files and I can load .bin files from Programmers NotePad

I am off and running.

Thanks for the assistance

Joe