Enquiry

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

bobingabout

Enquiry

Post by bobingabout »

2 Points to bring up here.

Firstly, a poke for a response on this link.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 971#p57971
The latest version of mLoader as supplied by David still doesn't like my .hex file for a 16F84A. it also doesn't like my 16F883 file either, but those are the only 2 chips i've tried so far.

Also, the driver supplied by Ben doesn't work with Windows XP.

Secondly, one of the features specifically requested by our teaching staff is the RC oscillator, which apears to be missing from the V9 board, so they have requested that I try to aquire a supply of V8 boards instead.

What are the chances of being able to aquire a small supply of the V8 board? say, 16 to 20?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Enquiry

Post by Benj »

Hello,

When installing the device driver for Windows XP what is the error message you are getting? How are you installing the driver?

The RC option was dropped from the EB006 as it was rarely used other then the first one or two examples in certain C and Assembler courses and beyond that it was useless. Also the additional switches meant that the oscillator circuit was not quite as reliable as it should be so it made sense to get rid of it.

At the time of posting we have about 40 of the EB006 v8 boards left in stock which can be purchased by ringing our sales team.

bobingabout

Post by bobingabout »

Benj wrote:Hello,

When installing the device driver for Windows XP what is the error message you are getting? How are you installing the driver?
Okay, Starting with plugging in the USB device, it brings up a "Found new hardware wizard" dialogue.
Choose "Install from specific location", and click next.
Choose "Search for best driver in these locations", Tick only "Include this location in the search" and browse to the extracted zip file location of the driver files, then click next.
It finds EB006 Multiprogrammer, and starts to copy over the files.
"Cannot Start this Hardware" shows up with the only button being Finish.
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

Going into the Device manager shows "EB006 Multiprogrammer" under "Costom USB Devices", with an exclamation mark on it.
Clickig on properties shows the same error from the hardware wizard "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".
Benj wrote: The RC option was dropped from the EB006 as it was rarely used other then the first one or two examples in certain C and Assembler courses and beyond that it was useless. Also the additional switches meant that the oscillator circuit was not quite as reliable as it should be so it made sense to get rid of it.
Being an electronics engineer myself, I can understand that.
Benj wrote: At the time of posting we have about 40 of the EB006 v8 boards left in stock which can be purchased by ringing our sales team.
I did cal them before, and all they would tell me at the time is that they were a discontinued product, and I should ask about my other problems on the forums here.

is it possible they can be sold as part of the HP4832 bundle? (With EB083 Development board, and Power supply), or would they need to be purchased seperately.

Also, the purchase of said items will be complicated by the fact that since posting the original topic, I've been told (on tuesday 25th) that we're not allowed to order anything else untill August... So we might end up having to buy whatever is available at that time.
Last edited by bobingabout on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I wonder if the XP issue is a dot net type issue. Is the XP machine fully up to date with service packs and .net? I will try and dig out an XP machine so we can try and replicate the issue.
is it possible they can be sold as part of the HP4832 bundle? (With EB008 Development board, and Power supply), or would they need to be purchased seperately.
I can't see there being a problem with this as long as you tell the sales staff what you want. Can't see us still having stock of the v8 boards in August though so that might be an issue.

bobingabout

Post by bobingabout »

Benj wrote:Hello,

I wonder if the XP issue is a dot net type issue. Is the XP machine fully up to date with service packs and .net? I will try and dig out an XP machine so we can try and replicate the issue.
It has been off-network since august, and even then I'm not sure how up to date it was.
it is using Service Pack 3 at least, but I'm not sure about the .Net, I'll see if I can get a portable install a package of .Net to install and get back to you.

bobingabout

Post by bobingabout »

Nope, installing the latest versions of .Net didn't help.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Right in that case hopefully updating the WINUSB interface should help.

Here is a link to the Microsoft support document: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971286

bobingabout

Post by bobingabout »

Sorry about not replying on friday, I kind of went home from work. So I started looking at it first thing today when I got to work.

After investigating the link you gave me, I found that there was no download link, and after trying to find a download for it, and failing, I went ahead and checked the informatino on the page anyway.

According to the list of installed updates, there is no WinUSB update installed, however, the files Winusb.dll and Winusb.sys do exist with the date 13 July 2009, which is correct according to the information on the support page.

To be honest, I don't think you should put too much effort into getting it to work on windows XP, it is officially unsupported from the 8th of april.

bobingabout

Post by bobingabout »

Anyway, I thank you for your efforts. I just need David poking to look at mLoader again, It still doesn't work for me.