EB006V9 ICD

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EB006V9 ICD

Post by QMESAR »

Hi all

Please help me understand this ICD functionality

(1)It seems that you can only do single stepping through the Flowchart ,
(2) I can not set a break point in the flowchart and run the application till an event happens and when the code section executes where the breakpoints is located ICD will stop at the breakpoints and I can inspect the variables in the variable window
(3)it seems you are only able to inspect users variables as I can not include FSR (micro internal registers ) to view in watch window .

(4) The property page of the Ghost in my FC are different from the help file for Ghost is this correct
first picture = help file second my FC window
Attachments
13.jpg
13.jpg (71.89 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (51.55 KiB) Viewed 5124 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: EB006V9 ICD

Post by medelec35 »

Hi QMESAR,
QMESAR wrote:(1)It seems that you can only do single stepping through the Flowchart ,
No, you can select run, single step (Step into) or step over.
Due to an outstanding bug with break points (don't stop at break point if simulation speed is set to 50Hz or lower) and with timer interrupts appear to dominate:
My advice is set breakpoints and make sure simulation speed is set at the fastest rate.
Then you can just use single step (F8) or run.
When paused you can view the variable values.
QMESAR wrote:(2) I can not set a break point in the flowchart and run the application till an event happens and when the code section executes where the breakpoints is located ICD will stop at the breakpoints and I can inspect the variables in the variable window
Break points can be set - see above.
QMESAR wrote: (3)it seems you are only able to inspect users variables as I can not include FSR (micro internal registers ) to view in watch window .
Yes I I though that it would be better if you can view internal registers.
One way around this could be to add new variables in flowcode with the names of registers e.g tmr0 then set up a timer interrupt with a code box with: FCV_TMR0 = tmr0;
then add tmr0 to watch window.
Or Just add the code block anywhere your interested in finding out register values.
Not ideal I know but at least you can view the internal register values.
QMESAR wrote:(4) The property page of the Ghost in my FC are different from the help file for Ghost is this correct
first picture = help file second my FC window
Help file just requires updating as that is what ICD options used to look like before a major update.

Martin
Martin

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Martin

Thank you for your explanation.
The ICD functionality at the moment is a bit disappointing ,especially not able to directly view registers .Hope Ben and the guys will improve in this :D

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The ICD hardware has always been able to read/write register values directly. The problem is that Flowcode doesn't understand the register names and addresses. We are parsing the output COF file to get the variable locations so maybe getting register addresses is something we could add quite easily. I'll add it to the list.

In the mean time you could use a C icon to load a register value into a variable and visa versa to allow you to indirectly read / write registers using ICD.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Benj wrote: We are parsing the output COF file to get the variable locations so maybe getting register addresses is something we could add quite easily. I'll add it to the list.
Thank you Ben that would be great :D