E-blocks internet board

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

abelloda

E-blocks internet board

Post by abelloda »

Hi

I am trying test the internet board and there seem to be a problem with the tcp/ip connection. The program runs well and compiles to PIC, showing the 'Staring up ...' and 'Complete' displays on LCD. But when i try to type in the IP address of the board (default 192.168.0.2) it times out. Ive pinged the IP address and it either comes up with a 'Request timed out' or 'Destination host unreachable' error message. I've tried putting in the board IP address in my firewall allow list - but problems still not solved.

Ian

Post by Ian »

Check to see if you are using a proxy server. If so note down it's settings and then uncheck the 'use proxy server box' whilst using the Internet board. Remember to re-check the use proxy box when you have finished with the Internet board so that normal network traffic can be resummed.

You need to turn the proxy server off whilst using the Internet board as you need to conenct directly to it. Having a peoxy server means that the PC tries to connect to the Proxy to find out where 192.168.0.2 is and because the Internet board is plugged in not the network it conat find the proxy.