EB-007 switches

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

John Hull

EB-007 switches

Post by John Hull »

In the Flowcode there is a choice between push button and toggle. The actual e-board is pushbutton. I assumed that setting toggle would then alter the code to treat the pushbutton as a toggle switch.

When I run the Flow code the switches are displayed and behave as toggle switches. When the PIC is programmed and running the switches are simply push button. Are there two e-blocks, one with pushbuttons and another with toggle switches and the choice in Flow code is to identify the board to the software?

John

Ian

Post by Ian »

Flowcode has the option for two reasons.

A) The actual switches used for the project could be either toggle or pushbutton.
The EB007 Switch board uses pushbuttons, but a users own system may use toggles.

B) The mouse operated buttons in Flowcode can only be operated 1 ata time as you only have one mouse, whereas on an actual board a number of pushbuttons can be pressed simultaneously. Switching the buttons to toggle in Flowcode allows users to simulate pressing and releasing multiple buttons.

There is no final code difference between the two as they simply check the assigned pin for inputs.

Their main use in Flowcode is often to allow users to manipulate the inputs during simulation.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We did develop a prototype of a simple toggle-switch E-Block, but didn't actually manufacture it because we were not sure if the demand was there.

If there was enough demand, we could actually produce a small quantity of toggle-switch E-Blocks. But I guess the cost to manufacture a small quantity would make the board relatively expensive (even in kit form, I doubt the final price would be less than Β£15).

With this in mind, it is probably cheaper to buy a patch E-Block and create it yourself.

However if the demand is there for a toggle-switch E-Block, we would be happy to manufacture them...

John Hull

Post by John Hull »

Thanks for the prompt answer. I can work with pushbuttons and we do have the e-blocks to create our own circuits if necessary.

John