Project Bluetooth communication between E-blocks and PC

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Florian G

Project Bluetooth communication between E-blocks and PC

Post by Florian G »

Well, I have this project for school, wich is really important if I want graduate from secundary school xD
The project is quite difficult, I am supposed to make a bluetooth PC-system using E-blocks, I have a bluetooth stick for my PC and a bluetooth module EB024 for the e-blocks.

Here is my question, in flowcode you have to fill in a script, I did so, using some Bluetooth Teacher's Note on the matrix multimedia site.
But I don't know what the pairing code is of my bluetooth USB-stick, so that's the problem I have. Anyone know how I can find this ?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Project Bluetooth communication between E-blocks and PC

Post by Benj »

Hello

You need to download a program called Bluesoliel to run on the PC. This will drive your USB Bluetooth dongle and allow you to setup things like the pairing key etc.

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

Thank you, I found it, and I will try it out =D

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

So I installed it, found the adress of my USB-stick (00 0A 3A 88 64 3A), but now comes another problem.
Is this the pairing code or not ?

With bluesoleil my bluetooth board can connect to the pc, but I can't send things to it.

And I'm currently waiting for a PS2/VGA Board and Codex Board, I need these to connect a mouse, a keyboard and a headset or speakers on the e-blocks so I can work with my mouse, etc. without it being connected on the pc.
And how would I do this ?

I know those are hard question (for me though), and all the help I get, is more then welcome :D

PS: My deadline is the 25th of May, and I'm beginning to stress a bit xD

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

No the code you found is the Bluetooth MAC address. You can ignore this.

The pairing code should be a 4 digit code you can enter. The setting is available in the properties of Bluesoliel.

You should be able to create a serial connection using Bluesoliel and then use hyperterminal to send and receive data from the E-Block.

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

Benj wrote:No the code you found is the Bluetooth MAC address. You can ignore this.

The pairing code should be a 4 digit code you can enter. The setting is available in the properties of Bluesoliel.

You should be able to create a serial connection using Bluesoliel and then use hyperterminal to send and receive data from the E-Block.
I can make a serial connection using Bluesoleil (I get the icon of the bluetooth board EB024, and when I make a connection, it turns to green, meaning it is connected).
But what do you mean by using a hyperterminal to send and receive data from the e-block ? (I'm quite dumb when it comes to this actually :P )

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Starting the bluetooth serial connection is most of the battle. This creates a virtual COM port in Windows that you can tap into from VB, Labview etc. You can use Hyperterminal as a terminal program to start communicating with your application straight away.

This article should help with setting up hyperterminal.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... =26&t=4793

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

Thank you very much, I'll do this as soon as I can :D

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

I don't have the EB015 RS232 E-block, and I don't have time to order it, is there any other way to create a hyperterminal ?
( The E-Blocks we have at our disposal at school are: EB004 LED board, EB005 LCD board, EB006 Multiprogrammer, EB007 Switch board, EB014 Keypad board, EB024 Bluetooth board - The PS2/VGA board and Codex board have been ordered and should be delivered soon, so I will have these too)

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

The Bluetooth is setting up the COM connection so you do not need a RS232 board. Use your device manager to find the COM device created by the Bluetooth Serial connection.

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

The PS2/VGA and the codec board have both been delivered at my school.
I studied them, and then went looking for some flowcode programs, but I can't find some. I'm currently busy with the codec board and I only have headphones, so could you tell me where I can find a program to test the codec board out ?

Also, it would be with bluetooth, but bluesoleil can only work with a capacity till 2Mb, because I have an unregistered version of it. I don't know if version 5 is totally free or not, and internet speed here at school is really slow. But is it possible to listen to music via the headphones on the codec board, while the music is playing on pc ?

You've been a great help so far benj, you have my gratitude :D

Also, I'm from Belgium, I know I can make grammar mistakes in english, so sorry if there are toomuch mistakes.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Ok you can find the Bluetooth solution files here.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/abouteb ... ions-X.php

In the example files are programs that allow a external device to connect and then stream audio out.
You should be able to get bi-directional audio working with the bluesoliel software fairly easily. You may have to change your PC sound settings to output via the bluetooth device rather then the sound card.

I didn't know Bluesoliel needed purchasing now! When I was using it (maybe V5) it was a free unlimited download. There may be other Bluetooth driver software that will allow you to do the audio streaming for free. On the other hand Bluesoliel is quite nice and reliable so this is up to you.

Let me know when you need the VGA and PS2 test files and I will send them across to you.

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

Well, I can connect the Bluetoothboard to the USB-stick I have, but I can only make a serial virtual connection with it, If I want to play music, wouldn't the headset appear to ? I even made a screenshot out of it, and the exercise I have to use for the audio communication is Exercise 7B from the EB639 Bluetooth course notes , right ?
Attachments
bluesoleil.PNG
screenshot
(93.38 KiB) Downloaded 4642 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Have you established a headphones/headset connection using Bluesoliel?

Not sure if the headphones connection would appear in the particular folder but it should appear in your audio settings.

Florian G

Post by Florian G »

Yes, well The headset icon appears in the "Mijn apparaat" folder, but not in the Ezurio folder. I can make audio connection, I already did it with a cell phone to test it out, but it doesn't work with the bluetoothboard. I find that a bit strange.

Edit: Would you also send the test files for the PS2/VGA Board please, so I can begin with that too. Thank you

singhdeol

Post by singhdeol »

seems like an interesting project :idea: