SET DELAY

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

franky

SET DELAY

Post by franky »

hi,
I'm using Flowcode V3 but I have a problem...

I' must to change a delay time in ms fox example 1,1ms 1,2ms ecc. but I don't know how...

can someone help me?
thanks!

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: SET DELAY

Post by Sean »

Flowcode can not currently provide direct control of delays below 1ms. However, there is access to a function called 'delay_10us' via Flowcode C code blocks.

You could make a 1.1ms delay directly with the following C code:

delay_10us(110);

A Flowcode variable can be passed to the C function if program control is required:
An example Flowcode variable - Delay1- can be referenced in C code using the name FCV_DELAY1.

delay_10us(FCV_DELAY1);

Flowcode delay blocks and C code block delays can be used sequentially to provide a range of delay options.

franky

Post by franky »

ok I'll try
thank you very much sean!

Jimjam

Post by Jimjam »

Hi,

I'm new to Flowcode. Is there a list of all the C functions we can implement with the syntaxes ? I'm very impressed with what I have been able to do so far BUT I know it has the possibility to do more.

Thanks

J

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

There is a manual for the BoostC compiler located inside the Flowcode V3/BoostC directory.

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

There is a complete manual for the C compiler used by Flowcode in the boostc folder of your Flowcode installation (boostc.pdf). You can access all the C functions, device specific registers, etc. using the Flowcode C Code blocks (and the target device data sheet).

Any variables that are to be passed between Flowcode and C must be declared in Flowcode. They will then be available to the C code with the name in upper-case characters, preceeded by FCV_ for global variables and FCL_ for local variables, FCL_ for local variables (declared within Flowcode macros) and FCR_ for macro return variables.

Example:
The Flowcode global variable, Var1, could be accessed by C Code as FCV_VAR1.

Variables used purely within the C code can use the normal C naming conventions.

Note:
C code can not be simulated and is not error-checked by Flowcode. The code is passed directly to the C compiler.

The Custom Code components can be used to write complete new components in C, and allow property values to be transfered to each instance used by Flowcode.

Jimjam

Post by Jimjam »

Thanks guys for the prompt info. Best get reading!!

Cheers again

J