Microchip Pickit 1 flash starter kit

Forum for problems or queries regarding other Flowcode Components. Eg LEDs, Switches, LCD, Gfx LCD etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

e2vdavidb

Microchip Pickit 1 flash starter kit

Post by e2vdavidb »

Flowcode should be making life easy and i have dabbled with it for a while and have no issues getting the simulations to work.
My very old pic development kit has died and I'm working with a microchip pickit.
I have set the flow code to use the microchip classic programmer and it fires on command and transfers the hex generated file in to the pic.
The issue is the programmed pic is not acting as the simulation in any way.
This is supposed to be wetting my feet before i start with the dsPic stuff, help!!
Dave

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Microchip Pickit 1 flash starter kit

Post by Sean »

Are you able to verify the program after it has been downloaded to the target chip?

Problems experienced when moving from working simulation to target hardware are often caused by the configuration fuse settings, usually regarding the clock source, watchdog timer, reset pin configuration, brownout detection etc. We usually recommend the initial download of simple, 1 second, LED flasher program to confirm that the chip is running and at the expected frequency.

If you are using any timer based functions or components (Delays, RS232 etc.) the clock frequency declared in Flowcode must match the frequency of the hardware to allow the delay times, baud rates etc. to be set correctly.