1x16 LCD in Flowcode

Forum for problems or queries regarding other Flowcode Components. Eg LEDs, Switches, LCD, Gfx LCD etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Polanco

1x16 LCD in Flowcode

Post by Polanco »

Hi everyone. In 1x16 LCDs, the behavior in realworld, is more like we were using a 2x8 LCD, one side the other. The result is that using the LCD module, every goes fine in simulation but in the real LCD we obtain only the first 8 digits.
Splitting the chain to print into 2 fields, one starting at 0,0 and the other at 1,0, we can print the complete chain.
Sometimes, this is no so practical.
Is there a patch for fix this?
Yhank you.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: 1x16 LCD in Flowcode

Post by Benj »

Hello Polanco

This is a tricky one. Some 1x16 LCD operate the same as the Flowcode simulation where you have one line of memory and it works well. However the split line LCDs that you are using are a little more troublesome. The problem is that the LCD device memory is split half way across the line. I cant see an upside to doing this but there probably is one.

It may be possible to track the position of the cursor based on clear and cursor function calls and jump to the relevant section of memory if needed. I will have a quick look into this if I get some time today.

Polanco

Re: 1x16 LCD in Flowcode

Post by Polanco »

Ok. Thank you very much Benj.