Different results between Flowcod and real PIC

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

bader357

Different results between Flowcod and real PIC

Post by bader357 »

I writing a small program with one 7 segment display for the 16F877a. If I enter a 0 in Flowcode so I become a 0 in the program but on the real PIC only a (-.) minus and decimalpoint.
Also only the output RB6 and RB7 are aktiv on Processor piture in Flowcode, but for a 0 should are be 6 outputs aktive, why?
Sorry for my english and thanks
Attachments
Grafik1.jpg
(72.82 KiB) Downloaded 1303 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Different results between Flowcod and real PIC

Post by Benj »

Hello

The Flowcode 7 segment component is defined for a common anode display so the 8-bit data connection provide a path to ground rather then power for the segment. Common cathode types of display will be supported by Flowcode V4. In the mean time if you know a bit of C you should be able to edit the component code file inside the Flowcode V3/Components folder to create the common cathode driver.

Let me know if you have problems and I will try to help.
Remember to make a backup of your files before you start editing them.

bader357

Re: Different results between Flowcod and real PIC

Post by bader357 »

Benj wrote:Hello

The Flowcode 7 segment component is defined for a common anode display so the 8-bit data connection provide a path to ground rather then power for the segment. Common cathode types of display will be supported by Flowcode V4. In the mean time if you know a bit of C you should be able to edit the component code file inside the Flowcode V3/Components folder to create the common cathode driver.

Let me know if you have problems and I will try to help.
Remember to make a backup of your files before you start editing them.
Many thank you, that is the solution. But what I must change in the code? I am not fit in C.