Flowcode4 for AVR?

Forum for suggestions regarding the next update / release of Flowcode

Moderators: Benj, Mods

ichiban

Flowcode4 for AVR?

Post by ichiban »

Hello everyone!!

This is for Flowcode admin.
By the time you release Flowcode 4, I'm assuming it's for PIC only?

Have you developed Flowcode 4 for AVR too?.. If yes, when will be the possible release date?

AVR MCU's are HOT picks nowadays and grabbing the market share dominated by PICs..

We(AVR users) would be thrilled enough to make a celebration if there is a version 4 for AVR.

regards,
ichiban

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode4 for AVR?

Post by Benj »

Hello

Yes Flowcode V4 will be released for AVR microcontrollers. I assume this will either be at the same time as the PIC version or slightly afterwards.

Also dont be too sure about AVRs overtaking PICs, Microchip has just put in an offer to buy out Atmel.

ichiban

Post by ichiban »

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I'm sorry if I said that previous line. What I mean is, AVR is getting a lot of attention nowadays due to some
advantages from PIC. AVR community is growing at a tremendous rate. I also heard about Microchip planning to but ATMEL.

Anyway, can I use this USBasp programmer as a cheap alternative from AVRISP mkII? Is it compatible with Flowcode?
Here is the link: http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/

thanks,
ichiban

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

The default settings for Flowcode for AVR use the AVRDUDE programming utility to communicate with an AVRISPmkII programmer. AVRDUDE also claims compatibility with a range of alternative programmers. We have been successful with all those we have tried, but we have not tested the USBasp yet.

According to the AVRDUDE documentation, it should only be necessary to change the name of the programmer from avrispmkii to usbasp in the parameters passed to it by Flowcode.

The list of programmer parameters can be found in the Chip -> Compiler Options menu of Flowcode.