1WIRE

Forum for suggestions regarding the next update / release of Flowcode

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Master4all

1WIRE

Post by Master4all »

My suggestion is to implement a 1-WIRE library, because so many users use the DS18xxx sensors, or any other 1-wire interface products.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: 1WIRE

Post by Benj »

Hello

There is a 1 wire beta component available from here.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Flowcode_Components.php

This should make it into a full Flowcode component soon but we are still having one or two reports of some strange behaviour that we have been unable to reproduce. If you end up using the 1 wire beta component than please post your findings to see if you also run into the same problems.

The main problem that our users are having is that only 2 devices can be communicated with on the same one wire bus. I have however had up to 5 devices working correctly here so hopefully you will not have this problem.

technoboy

need help -1wire

Post by technoboy »

hello,
i am working on a project, in which i am using 1 wire component. i am using ds1990a ibutton in my project.
i am facing problem in reading romcode of ds1990a. i need to display the romcode of ds1990a on lcd. Can any help me Plz.......

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Are you using Flowcode v3 or v4? If your using v3 then have you loaded the custom component into Flowcode by copying the custom component C file from the beta component download? Once you have done this you can reference the functions of the component by adding a custom component to your program and then calling the component using component macros.

technoboy

Post by technoboy »

Thanks for reply Benj :)
I am using flowcode v4 for PIC. I need to check the presence of iButton (ds1990A) and if it is present , the ROM code of iButton should be displayed on LCD.
Can you show a example file for this ? plzz help me.....

Regards,
Tanveer

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello, if you are using Flowcode V4 please can you post this in the V4 forums.

The walkthrough to upgrade your forum account to gain access to the V4 forums is here:

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=29&t=602

Once you have done it i will move the topic to the V4 subforum.

bercioiu

Post by bercioiu »

Hi technoboy
Do you succeed with the ibutton? If yes, can you post the Flowcode file? If no, there is somebody who can help us with an example for ibutton (ds1990a). Thanks a lot!