MIAC Serial Expansion I/O usage

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

alanhillyard

MIAC Serial Expansion I/O usage

Post by alanhillyard »

I am looking to simply use the I/O ports on the serial expansion to send 5v signals to some relay boards I have, to control some external components. I can't find any flowcode that will allow me to just turn the output on in the same way as I can use the component macro for the MIAC - OutputON - can anyone point me in the direction of the correct help file or a way of doing this? The help files I have read so far seem to suggest that you have to use the flowcode outputs etc. but there don't seem to be any simple outputON codes...

Thanks for any help :)

Alan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: MIAC Serial Expansion I/O usage

Post by Benj »

Hello Alan,

Ok for your program to work correctly select the MIAC system as your target device, then add the MIAC and the Serial Expansion components to your panel. Next add a LED component for an output or a switch for an input, edit the connections and you should be able to assign them to the MIAC serial module. The Component macros will then work to switch the external port pin on and off.

alanhillyard

Re: MIAC Serial Expansion I/O usage

Post by alanhillyard »

Many thanks - I got this to work but haven't had a chance to come back since to say thank you!