MIAC Slave Autonomous

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

rintronic

MIAC Slave Autonomous

Post by rintronic »

Hi Ben,

I have added MIAC as a slave to the pc and it works great, however I want to know if I can communicate to MIAC via USB as a slave but retaining some functionality, as in case of crash of the computer or USB port frozen, that the MIAC can continue to do basic things and keeping internal data.

If that is no possible to do with USB port could it be done via RS232 port?

Also, in case of the slave mode, do you have examples made with Visual Studio and is there any template for that purpose?

Thanks.

Roberto Iglesias

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: MIAC Slave Autonomous

Post by Benj »

Hello Roberto,

Which version of Flowcode are you using?

If your using the MIAC USB slave which is part of Flowcode v6 then yes you can tweak the firmware source to allow you to do whatever you like.

The MIAC USB Slave firmware source can be found here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/wiki/in ... 51d675a9e7

Let us know how your getting on.

rintronic

Re: MIAC Slave Autonomous

Post by rintronic »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Flowcode 6 and so far is the best version released.

Regarding the slave mode for Miac, if I understood correctly I can change the firmware so that I can have the unit to perform as I need, is that correct?

On the other hand is there a way to control as well other modules attached to Miac as slave, or Miac as slave works by itself?

Thanks.

Regards,

Roberto Iglesias