MIAC- GSM expansion module

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Rav

MIAC- GSM expansion module

Post by Rav »

Hello,

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me. I'm using the gsm expansion module(MI4897) for my project. I have searched a lot but there is not much information about this module. My project is based on automating various systems in a house using sensors which i will be connecting to the MIAC. All my sensors and the MIAC are working well.
Actually i am testing each of the sensors individually and everything seems to be fine. My problem is with the gsm expansion module. I shall be using it to send sms and until now i still dont know how it works. i have connected it properly with the Miac, inserted the sim card and tried some flowcode with it but to no avail. The LED on the gsm expansion module were not turning on, except sometimes the green one was. I am very confused with this gsm expansion module. It may be that i made mistakes with the flowcode, i am new to it.

Is it that i need other components to use the gsm expansion module? i urgently need some help to complete this project and if anyone could help me or even provide me with some flowcode example where the gsm expansion module is used, i would be thankful.

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: MIAC- GSM expansion module

Post by LeighM »

Hi

I've attached a demo program.
This will flash the red LED on the GSM module every second and will also check the status of the network.
The red LED flash will at least check that your wiring is OK and the CAN functional.

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Leigh
Attachments
DEMO_GSM.fcf
(11 KiB) Downloaded 449 times

Rav

Post by Rav »

Thanks a lot LeighM. :D
It does work. :D
Both LEDs flash.
But then, to send an sms or dial a number , do i need to make a loop?
thanks again!

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Hi
You could keep in a loop while CheckNetworkStatus returns 0
Then when it changes to 1, indicating that the network connection has been established, you could drop through to other code, such as waiting for a key press, and then use SendTextMessage macro to send the text message.
Leigh