Problems loading program into MIAC

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Lieuwe

Problems loading program into MIAC

Post by Lieuwe »

I have Flowcode V3 and V4 professional, and using windows XP.
After getting a MIAC i tried to program it.
Flowcode failed to access MIAC, after trying to install and un-install usb drivers it still did not work.
Using the Flowcode version shipped by the MIAC did not work either.

Then I found the course of the problems by accident,I needed an usb cable for an external hard drive so I disconnected the HP488 E-Block board from the computer.
While transfering files on my Hard drive, I played a little with the MIAC, and now it worked.
Plugging HP488 board again in (on USB), made the problems come back.
Removing the USB cable from the HP488 board again, made the Miac-prog working again.

It looks like that the MIAC and an E-Block programmer connected to a computer the SAME time,
makes the MIAC programming not work,
Miac-prog gives error message : cannot open device.

Am I the only one with this problem?
If I did not need that USB cable for my hard drive, I would not have found the course of the problem so easily.

The MIAC is a verry handy device by the way, if you work in a small company, and you don't have much money or time for developing hardware, the MIAC provides a very flexible and versatile solution to many automation problems to be solved.

Lieuwe

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Problems loading program into MIAC

Post by Sean »

Hello Lieuwe,
Thanks for your MIAC comments, and for highlighting the USB driver problem.
Most of our PIC based USB devices use the same basic driver, which is only capable of handling one device at a time.
We will make sure this issue is included in our website FAQs, and in our future documentation.