Flowcode 4 / Miac compile error

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Flowcode 4 / Miac compile error

Post by petesmart »

Hi Support team,

I have been playing around with the MIAC device and have attempted to create multi-layer menus for display of application and diagnostic data using Flowcode 4 professional. The programme works fine in simulation mode and fucntions as you would expect using the up/down, left/right combination keys.

When I go to compile flowcode to hex or chip i get the following failure

multilevel_menu3.c

Starting preprocessor: C:\PROGRA~1\MATRIX~1\FLOWCO~2\BoostC\pp.exe "E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.c" -i C:\PROGRA~1\MATRIX~1\FLOWCO~2\BoostC\include -d _PIC18F4455 -la -c2 -o "E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.pp" -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC18

E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.c(872): error: missing right paren

E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.c(872): error: error in 'if' expression

E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.c(872): error: missing right paren

E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.c(872): error: missing semicolon

E:\My Documents\HAZTECH SYSTEMS\matrixmultimedia\software_component_library\menus\multilevel_menu3.c(864): error: failure

failure

Return code = 1

Flowcode was unable to compile the flowchart's C code due to the following errors:

If your flowchart contains C code, please review this carefully. If your flowchart contains no C-code or you have thoroughly reviewed the code, contact Technical Support.

FINISHED

I have attached the the various files .fcf, .c and the error log for your review. I have looked at the 'C' file and it looks ok, however i would appreciate if you could take a look and verify for me pls. Th erros dont make a lot of sense to me is the (XXX) the line no?

Not having much experince with nested loops - I am suspecting that with the amount of tests that I'm requesting that my loops maybe too deep... is there a maximum no and depth?

would appreciate any assistance that you may provide.

all the best

Pete
Attachments
multilevel_menu3.c
(26.37 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
multilevel_menu3.msg.txt
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
multilevel_menu3.fcf
(34.84 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 4 / Miac compile error

Post by Benj »

Hello Pete,

Yes the XXX is the problematic line number in the C code.

Looking at the C code this line is the problem.

if (FCV_PAGE_V_PLANE < == 1)

Going to the icon in Flowcode inside the page_Up macro.

page_V_plane < = 1

Removing the space will allow compilation to happen correctly.

page_V_plane <= 1

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Flowcode 4 / Miac compile error

Post by petesmart »

Thanks for the fast response Ben, much appreciated.

I checked the other plane of the menu structure page_H_plane <= 0 and had made a similar mistake with the space < = ..

deleted the space from both examples and it compiled with no errors...

Interesting point - under simulation from within Flowcode it run ok and functioned as expected, complete with spaces in both places. Not sure if this is a bug or a trap for young players :?:

Again thanks for your assistance

all the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!