MIAC USB Stopped Recognising

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

AKPERRY
Flowcode V4 User

MIAC USB Stopped Recognising

Post by AKPERRY »

27th December 2011

Hi,
i have been using the MIAC for some while. Suddenly the system has stopped recognising the USB drivers. I have removed & re-installed the drivers with no effect. I have downloaded the x86 drivers (32 bit machine) from the website, still with no effect. I just get the error message as shown in the attachement. Any idea?

Windows Vista machine, service pack 2.

Regards
Attachments
27-12-2011 14-42-42.jpg
27-12-2011 14-42-42.jpg (60.35 KiB) Viewed 10326 times

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: MIAC USB Stopped Recognising

Post by petesmart »

Hi Tony,

I have seen this before with my Vista machine... It's really quite frustrating.

The only way I solved it was to remove the driver and re install as you have done, however you physically have to change ports, ie select another USB port on your machine, then re install...never did quite figure out the cause, it appears that VIsta retained a memory as an unknown device...

I found with the Vista machine that the best way to ensure reliability of the USB was to only use that particular port for the MIAC and not plug ANYTHING else into that particular port

See how you go...

All the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Thanks for that pete,

Do please let us know if petes fix helps you out there.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi
There is a small freeware program that can be downloaded from this site that will list all the usb devices that are in memory.
It can also be use to make the system remove them.
Ive only used it with win7 so dont know if its compatible with vista

Program is called USBDEVIEW
Does not have to be installed, just run the exe file.

http://www.nirsoft.net
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

AKPERRY
Flowcode V4 User

Post by AKPERRY »

Hi David,
I have been unable to fix the problem. I think Pete maybe right. It wasn't until I installed the EB066 drivers onto the same USB port that I saw this problem. As I am just about to buy a new Windows 7 machine, I am not going to spend any more time on this problem. If the problem continues on the new machine, I will contact you again. Regards, Tony Perry

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Tony,

Yes, You have experienced the exact same scenario as I did, I went from MIAC to EB-006, followed by MIAC not recognized. It took me ages to figure it out...

I remember going into the device manager and completely removing all Matrixmultimedia devices...then re installed them one by one, but this time on different physical USB ports. I went to the trouble of labeling the leads so that I could not mix the devices on the USB ports. I made the mistake of plugging the wrong port into the wrong device and it was a deadly one way ride to disfunction :(

It can be solved, however it will take you some time...I still run ECIO, PIC, ARM and MIAC plus CRO, CAN BUS analyzer, FTDI devices on the old Vista Dev machine, you just need a few USB ports :D

The good news is that I have not had this issue on windows 7, it's been very stable..

Happy to chat via PM if I can be of further assistance.

Good luck

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

AKPERRY
Flowcode V4 User

Post by AKPERRY »

Subject: VISTA Machine Problem

Hi David,
this email goes back to a reported problem on 28th December 2011. I have found out a little bit more about the problem. I was using an EB006 board quite successfully with an HP299 flowcode kit. I then installed the MIAC software. After that, I have found it impossible to reconnect the EB006 board sucessfully. It always reports the drivers are not working correctly.

It transpires, I have tried to uninstall the flow kit drivers, & re-install, but he system thinks that the drivers I am trying to install are actually 64 bit drivers, rather than 32 bit drivers, even though I have taken the latest files from the website. It seems VISTA seems to interpret the driver version incorrectly. (mchpsub.inf). See attached screen file.

Earlier petesmart response
DavidA wrote:Thanks for that pete,

Do please let us know if petes fix helps you out there.
Attachments
30-01-2012 10-37-00.pdf
(240.59 KiB) Downloaded 356 times

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Tony,

Please try this, unplug all your Matrix devices, then plug in only the EB006, locate it in the device manager of your computer (Control Panel >> System >> Device manager).

It should be located under Custom USB Devices and listed as a Matrix PICmicro Progammer (or something similar). This is only if the drivers are working correctly.

If the drivers are not working correctly it may be listed under "Unknown devices" or it may be listed else where with a yellow exclamation mark indictating the drivers are malfuntioning in some way. If this is the case, then you can right click and unisntall the current drivers for this device.

The next step would be to unplug the EB006, (do not plug any matrix device in), download the latest drivers from here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/lc_index.php?p=17

Run the x86 executable one for 32bit machines (windows should not let you install drivers that are not the appropriate type anyway). Then once the install has completed try and plugin your EB006. Hopefully this will work. If not could you please attach a screenshot of the error occuring.

edit: I have deleted your other topic as I will reply here

AKPERRY
Flowcode V4 User

USB Stopped Recognising

Post by AKPERRY »

Hi David,
it reaplies with a code 28. Still nothing.

Regards

Tony Perry
Attachments
30-01-2012 13-31-45.pdf
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 342 times

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Tony,

could you go to the details tab within that window and on the drop down menu select hardware id and show/write down whats there please?

AKPERRY
Flowcode V4 User

Post by AKPERRY »

Hi David,
after many hours of continual effort, I managed to get the Matrix drivers back into the Vista machine, & working correctly. To be honest, I don't want to play around with it anymore, as it is now working. Peter Smart was correct with his earlier comments, but I would like to add some more information:-

Previous Comments from Peter Smart:- "Hi Tony, I have seen this before with my Vista machine... It's really quite frustrating. The only way I solved it was to remove the driver and re install as you have done, however you physically have to change ports, ie select another USB port on your machine, then re install...never did quite figure out the cause, it appears that VIsta retained a memory as an unknown device... I found with the Vista machine that the best way to ensure reliability of the USB was to only use that particular port for the MIAC and not plug ANYTHING else into that particular port. See how you go...
All the best, Pete"

Pete was correct. I have found that although the drivers are loaded correctly, the EB006 can only be used on one specific USB port. It is not recongnised correctly on any other port. This is a Toshiba Qosmio machine. I wonder what Pete Smart was using when he had similar problems? The reason I mention that, is that I have seen some other unrelated 'bizarre' changes to the 'shut-down' operation of the machine, features that dissapeared some while ago, & are now present again. I think I have to conclude that this is either a machine specific problem, or a problem with the internal bridge chip. Either way, I don't think it is a Matrix problem, so I will close with this problem. thankyou for your efforts.