Speedometer

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Wilmmmmmm
Flowcode V4 User

Speedometer

Post by Wilmmmmmm »

Hello

I've recently written a program in Flowcode V4 for a speedometer and this program functioned in the simulations without any problems, but whenever I tried to use this program with E-blocks it didn't work.
The program itself can be found in the included attachments. Could this be a software problem or a hardware compatibility problem?

Best regards
Willem Dooms
Attachments
spedo.fcf
The program
(8 KiB) Downloaded 382 times

Gary Freegard

Re: Speedometer

Post by Gary Freegard »

Hi Willem

I think your problem is that your are trying to carry out float maths on an integer. I have made the changes for you, have not tried it myself so no 100% guarantee :D , but should point you in the right direction.

Goodluck

Gary
Attachments
spedo.fcf
(8 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Speedometer

Post by DavidA »

The simulation in Flowcode v4 assumes calculates everything as an float, so it will appear to work in simulation, in v5 we have improved the simulation to better represent what is going on in the PIC (such as integers behaving as integers!)