Failed to program 12f675

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

ocaltek

Failed to program 12f675

Post by ocaltek »

Hi all

I tried to program my 12f675 and it fails to program the chip it appears to erase the device sucessfully. I have copied the programing report below. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Regards

Christian O'Callaghan

success

Return code = 0

Launching the linker/assembler...
e:\program files\matrix multimedia\flowcode v4\boostc\boostlink_pic.exe -ld "E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib flowcode.pic16.lib rand.pic16.lib float.pic16.lib "coloidal_Ver1_4_12F675.obj" -t PIC12F675 -d "E:\Documents and Settings\The Red Pill\My Documents\My designs\Flowcode projects\Coloidal_silver" -p "coloidal_Ver1_4_12F675"
BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 7.03
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 David Hobday

Warning unreferenced functions removed:
FCI_FLOAT_TO_STRING in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h
FCI_NUMBER_TO_HEX in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h
FCI_STRING_TO_INT in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h
FCI_STRING_TO_FLOAT in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h
Wdt_Delay_S in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h
Wdt_Delay_Ms in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h
isinf in: E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\FCD\internals.h

Building CASM file
Serious Warning: Possible sw stack corruption, function 'delay_ms' called by more than one asynchronous thread (main/Task, interrupt, interrupt low)
Memory Usage Report
===================
RAM available:64 bytes, used:52 bytes (81.3%), free:12 bytes (18.7%),
Heap size:12 bytes, Heap max single alloc:11 bytes
ROM available:1024 words, used:347 words (33.9%), free:677 words (66.1%)

success

Return code = 0

Launching the programmer...
E:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\Tools\PICkit3\PK3CMD.exe -P12F675 -Fcoloidal_Ver1_4_12F675.hex -E -M -Y

Connecting...
PICkit 3 detected
Connecting to PICkit 3...
Firmware Suite Version...... 01.26.43
Firmware type......................Midrange

PICkit 3 Connected.
Target Detected
Device ID Revision = 0000000b

Erasing ...
Erase device complete

Programming Device ...
Program Memory
Address: 00000000 Expected Value: 0000291c Received Value: 00003fff
Programming failed

Failed to perform Program !!!
Return code = 3

Flowcode was unable to transfer the flowchart to the microcontroller. Check the programmer options and physical connections.

FINISHED
FLASHING LED'S FANTASTIC!

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Failed to program 12f675

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Have you tried sending the hex file with the PICKit 3 software to see if it programs that way?

ocaltek

Post by ocaltek »

Hi David

I did open the asm file in mplab and program the chip and it did say that it programmed the chip sucessfullly but the hardware did nothing like it was still blank. So im not sure if that is what you mean.

Cheers

Christian
FLASHING LED'S FANTASTIC!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Christian,

Have you added your own configuration data to the project either using the configuration tool in Flowcode or if you are using MPLAB then by embedding the config words into the source code or by using the configuration settings manager. These config settings will need to match your hardware to allow the device to be able to run.

Strange that programming directly from Flowcode is failing, maybe one of the contacts is slightly loose, I get this sometimes if i'm programming without actually soldering the ICSP header to my PCB. Holding the PICkit onto the PCB whilst programming normally works.

If this fails then what about if you use the Flowcode generated hex file with the stand alone PICkit 3 programming software? Is this any better?