pic 16f1828 not suported part

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

aerofrick

pic 16f1828 not suported part

Post by aerofrick »

Hello.
I have a problem with programming pic16f1828. I am using pickit2 programmer (the pic is listed as supported) and flowode v4. Pickit2 v2.61 software does not recognize it and neither does flocode.
I am currently using bostic compiler, is this ok or am I suppose to use hi-tec compiler?
Has anyone used this pic before?

Any help appreciated
Jan Bozeglav

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: pic 16f1828 not suported part

Post by Benj »

Hi Jan,

Flowcode v4 supports this device as does BoostC so you do not have to resort to using HiTech.

As for the PICkit, the PKCMD command line executable may not be compatible, what is the error you are receiving? Have you seen this topic regarding setting up the PICkit for use in Flowcode?
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=22&t=672

If this fails then can you program the generated hex file using the stand alone PICkit software or MPLAB? Both of these options should work.

I have used a 16F18xx device for a project and it is working ok. Could it be a connection issue?

aerofrick

Post by aerofrick »

Hi,
thank you for the reply. I checked and the pic kit is properly set up, but I noticed absence of the whole 16f18xx family in the »C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\Tools\PICkit2\Readme For PK2CMD« file. Can this mean it is not supported? The connections are all ok I tried on demo board and on proto board using good quality wires ad connectors. In Pickit2 v2.61 software it detects the pic to be »Unsupported Part (ID=27C0)«. I replaced the »Pk2 device file« with a file from http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcpl ... ts=pickit2 and still no difference.
Flowcode returns me:

success
Return code = 0
Launching the programmer...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\tools\PICkit2\pk2cmd.exe -BC:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\tools\PICkit2\ -PPIC16F1828 -Fcaj servo.hex -M -A5 -T -R
PK2DeviceFile.dat device file requires an update of pk2cmd.
Return code = 24
Kode ni bilo mogoče prenesti v mikrokontroler. Preverite možnosti programa za nalaganje in fizične povezave med računalnikom in mikrokontrolerjem. (The code was not possible to transfer to MCU. Check programmer configurations and physical connections computer-MCU.)
FINISHED”
I tried with 12f675 the same thing except pickit2 v2.61 detects it and communicates OK.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Ok I will check this, may have been I used my PICkit 3 to reprogram these devices.

brandonb

Post by brandonb »

on the 16f1800 chips, flowcode with pickit2 doesnt work, but pickit2 standalone programmer does, compile to hex then program the chip with the pickit software, that should work for you

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jan,
Have you read this?
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 37&#p46157
Should also apply to Flowcode V4

Martin
Martin