Standalone EEprom programmer

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

daveb0360

Standalone EEprom programmer

Post by daveb0360 »

Hi,
Is it possible to create a pic project to design a programmer to program M95256 SPI eeproms

What is needed.........can PICKIT 2 program spi eproms from this family directly or does it just program Microchip products.

Basically, I want to flash a 95256 eeprom with FF's

Perhaps I need to develop a standalone programmer using flowcode and PIC.

Any advice....I only need to do this once or twice so a breadboarded programmer would suffice...
Any thoughts?

Dave

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Standalone EEprom programmer

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Dave,
I don't believe PICkit range will program 95256.
I use ASIX presto programmer which can programme those.

Perhaps the best bet is what you was saying about creating a project to use SPI component of Flowcode & program a microcontroller to fill SPI memory with FF's.

Martin
Martin

daveb0360

Post by daveb0360 »

Cheers Martin.........hope you and yours are well.

Wouldn't know where to start on this and no time to learn....It's for my Car, the BSI ECU module got corrupted by a low battery event and could not be reprogrammed at the dealer. (£590 for a new one !!)
The upshot is that I bought a used BSI to replace it but because it's coded to another car, the onboard EEPROM apparently needs blanking so it can be installed as new...........there is some forum disparity however, with some saying to write all F's to the eeprom and others saying not to................so I need a lash up to acheive this!
I'm wondering whether it's a simple bit of code needed or not........something tells me 'not' as these serial programmers are pretty expensive!!

I have the diag kit to re-configure the BSI once fitted but it's this 'virginising' procedure i'm stuck with!!

Dave

daveb0360

Post by daveb0360 »

Incidentally, the first step advised is to read the contents of the eeprom and store it as a dump in case I need to revert back to original !!