PPPv3 not recognising chip

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

PPPv3 not recognising chip

Post by christoph »

Hi,

Had a problem on Dec 29th 2013 V4 topic and solved easily by Dazz at the time (REF.). The same problem occured this morning so I used Dazzs' solution several times but to no avail.
Everything is success right up to the end point of sending to chip but it questions which chip (just like last time). Tried all the usual answers in 'that' area. However, looking into this further the configuration table is blank and it says the PIC list is missing. Spent the rest of the day trying to sort out but am not getting anywhere. The frustrating part is that I programmed three of exactly the same chips just two nights ago with no problem and they are performing as they should.. Havent had any other problem with this since 2013 and no change to anything at all - still the same HP-488 Development board. Everything in flow code is perfect quoting the correct chip etc etc. The chip I am programming is the PIC12F1840 and it isn't listed in the PPP programme - it tends to think it should be the 16F88 but that is what Dazzs' solution got round and also there was a duplication of numbers for the chips official catalogging which got sorted out and corrected. I have tried to find a new download for PPP but not got anywhere with that either but same problem as now would probably arise I guess and the solution still might not work.

Has anyone any idea on this ....would be most grateful for any suggestions,

Many thanks,

Chris

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: PPPv3 not recognising chip

Post by DavidA »

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately Flowcode v4 is out of support contract so any help i can provide is limited.

I suggest that you try get Flowcode v4 working with the latest mloader, you can download mloader here:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/temp/mLoader-latest.zip

Here is an FAQ on getting mloader working with Flowcode 4:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/faq/index.php? ... artlang=en

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi David,
Thankyou very much for your answer.
Yes, I understand V4 is unsupported but just wanted to replace the 'broken' PPP as I need the facility constantly.

Have done as suggested and all sucessfull until I get a message near end of transferring to chip which says: "Unable to transfer the Hex file using Launching the programmer...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\Tools\mLoaderPIC\mLoader.exe -chip 12F1840 "DIL Sounder Sweep output 12F1840 V2 - Copy.hex"
GetShortPathName error: The operation completed successfully.
FINISHED".

I used: -chip %p "%f.hex" for the parameters of course.
I also have de-bugger disabled.
I cant see anything else amiss.
I am really desperate to get this fixed somehow

Hope you or someone on the forum mught have the answer

Thanks

Chris

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Chris,

Hopefully the info in this thread will help:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... it=mloader

Regards,
Steve.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi Steve.
Many thanks for your reply and I was able to check out the configuration settings were ok - which they were - but what I noticed was that the lower two lines of Programmer Location (which we are told not to change and hadn't but was about to query) contains PPP !! My problem is, I have a corrupt/non-working PPPv3 in 'TOOLS', which was the initial reason for my post. I hadnt realised mLoader still required PPP so I guess all would be well if I have a functioning PPP. However, I tried to get that as a download before I contacted Matrix but wasn't able to from your site or anywhere else that worked or that didn't have other things downloaded as well via adverts etc etc. I dont know whether it was on the disc I got with the dev. board but I cannot find the disc anywhere - although I have the Key etc for it.

Seems like I possibly just need to have a clean copy of PPP?
How would I install it - I couldnt seem to un-install 'this' one?

Would greatly appreciate your reply, Steve (cant find the thumbs up icon but thumbs up anyway)

Many thanks,
:wink:
Chris

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

He he - didnt read the smilie caption until just - I thought it was a worried but hopeful smile!!

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Chris,

You can download PPP from our site here:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/resources/getr ... .php?id=15

It is not the latest version however, the latest version is bundled with Flowcode 6. PPP does not "install" so simply deleting and replacing the files will work.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Many thanks David,
Have to dash off but have deleted 'old' and placed the downloaded PPPv3 in TOOLS to try out later.

Cheers,
Chris :D

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Oh dear - no different. Still same nessage that it cant transfer usung the mLoader info AND when I click on 'CONFIGURE' after selecting 'CHIP', it immediately says PPP not found (although it is sitting there in 'TOOLS'.

Any ideas PLEASE ?

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

If I open the PPP it gives message: Access violation at address 779294DD in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00462CED. When I click to exit message the simplePPP comes up but if I select configure I find ALL fields are blank and nothing in the field pull downs either - which was the initial problem as well. Flowcode itself has all fields under 'CHIP' selection.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Also the 'COMMON' directory in V4 has PPPv3 as a folder and this also is blank/unpopulated.
HELP! - not able to program any of the chips I need to progress.......

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Christoph,

I can only recommend you try reinstalling Flowcode v4, ensuring you remove all the files out of the installation folder. You should not need to enter your licence details again as these are stored in Windows registry.

You can download the latest version (Flowcode v4.5) from here:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/software/Flowc ... codeV4.exe