PICmicro Devboard and Flowkit using FC4

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PICmicro Devboard and Flowkit using FC4

Post by petesmart »

Hi Support team,

Can you use the HP299 Flowkit device with the HP488 PICmicro developer board (V3). I think I followed the instructions correctly, however :oops: I get the following responses.

flowkit error 1
flowkit error 1
HP299 error 1.jpg (14.64 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
flow kit error 2
flow kit error 2
error2.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
I have the Flowkit connected to Port C and the Flowkit LED's are flashing slowly... Ribbon cable is connected in a staight line with the red stripe to the outside of both boards.... USB cable is disconnected from the HP488 once programming complete.

Can you assist with any thoughts on jumper settings etc, should J20 be in ICD mode or USB for example.

I complied the programme with the ICD check box tick BTW.. and have attached the flowcode programme for your info... BTW I am using SPI (legacy) in this example and noticed it uses pins 6 & 7... does this clash with flowkit?

appreciate your help

all the best

Pete
Attachments
digipot poc 3.fcf
SPI file FC4
(11 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: PICmicro Devboard and Flowkit using FC4

Post by petesmart »

a little more information...SPI has nothing to do with the problem A simple 2 LED flasher on port A confirmed it still does not work.

Have checked that background debug is off and pushed the speed to 20, then 100, still no luck

I tried 16f88 and a 18F4455 on the basis that portc c does not connect to RB6, RB7?????.. tried movig ICD to portc 6 & 7 also :?

flowkit lights flash slowly and same erors as above - see last post

over to you...

best pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Pete,

Right firstly the 16F88 will not work by connecting the Flowkit to PortC. You will have to use single core wire to connect the ICDD and ICDC pins to PortB or PortA of the Dev board. You will also have to connect the grounds pins on both the boards.

As for the 18F4455 did you change the pins to C6 and C7 in the project settings. Did you also give the 18F4455 the correct configuration settings so it could run at the correct speed? It is normally a good idea to try with the ICD disabled to ensure that the device is running at the right speed. The 1 second flasher approach is good for testing that devices are running as they should be.

while 1
{
output on
delay 1 second
output off
delay 1 second
}

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the fast response. You were spot on with the clock frequency suggestion :oops: .. It was running way slower than expected.

ICD now works on the 18F4455 on the flasher routine, however aborts when the SPI init macro is run. Have not had a good look as to why yet, however it is specific to SPI.

Thanks agian for your help, it much appreciated

all the best

Pete :D
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Pete,

The only things I can think of are the following.

1) one of the SPI pins is being used as an ICD pin?

2) The SPI is not initialising correctly and being blocked so the flowchart is never getting to the next icon. This could be due to incorrect wiring of the SPI?