strange keypad reading

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Jordy101091

strange keypad reading

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi all,

I have some trouble with my keypad that I have bought from Conrad.nl.
This is the specific keypad: [urlhttp://www1.conrad.nl/scripts/wgate/zcop_nl3/~flNlc3Npb249UDkwX05MX0IyQzpDX0FHQVRFMTY6MDAwMS4wMGE2LmVkYmRmNDdlJn5odHRwX2NvbnRlbnRfY2hhcnNldD1pc28tODg1OS0xJn5TdGF0ZT00MjgxODQ4OTk3====?~template=PCAT_AREA_S_BROWSE&mfhelp=&p_selected_area=%24ROOT&p_selected_area_fh=&perform_special_action=&glb_user_js=Y&shop=NL2&vgl_artikel_in_index=&product_show_id=&p_page_to_display=DirektSearch&~cookies=1&zhmmh_lfo=&zhmmh_area_kz=&s_haupt_kategorie=&p_searchstring=matrix&p_searchstring_artnr=&p_searchstring_manufac_artnr=&p_search_category=alle&fh_directcall=&r3_matn=&insert_kz=&gvlon=&area_s_url=&brand=&amount=&new_item_quantity=&area_url=&direkt_aufriss_area=&p_countdown=&p_80=&p_80_category=&p_80_article=&p_next_template_after_login=&mindestbestellwert=&login=&password=&bpemail=&bpid=&url=&show_wk=&use_search=3&p_back_template=&template=&kat_save=&updatestr=&vgl_artikel_in_vgl=&titel=&darsteller=&regisseur=&anbieter=&genre=&fsk=&jahr=&jahr2=&dvd_error=X&dvd_empty_error=X&dvd_year_error=&call_dvd=&kna_news=&p_status_scenario=&documentselector=&aktiv=&gewinnspiel=&adcampaign=&gclid=&p_load_area=$ROOT&p_artikelbilder_mode=&p_sortopt=&page=&p_catalog_max_results=20][/url]

Datasheet: http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/daten ... IX_3X4.pdf

First I have measured what the rows and collums are. this came out that the first 3 pins from the left are the collums and the rest rows. Then I have looked up the datasheet of the Matrix keypad eblock and hooked up with all the pull-downs and stuff. then In flowcode made a simple program to let me show what number I had pressed.

My problem(s) are:

1. When I press no key the display shows always 1 I dont know why but it does.
2. When I connect the ground to the 10k pull-down resistors the program does not respond to any keypad that is pressed, when I disconnect the ground the program responds but only to the first row its very strange, when I press 1,2 and 3 it correctly shows 1,2,3 but when I press 4,5 and 6 it shows only 1,2,3 what the f+*&^@ I dont understand.
3. When I hook up the keypad without any resistors and press any it corresponds with what is show'n on the display but for example when I press 7 it first shows 1, 4 and finnaly 7 and when I do not press any key ore even pull out my keypad it show randum numbers.

Hope anybody can help me with this problem,

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

Jordy101091

Re: strange keypad reading

Post by Jordy101091 »

Sorry,

I have found my problem,
The problem was that my Pull-down resistors where to small,

If you dont have 100k resistors that you need to use with 10k

10k = collums
100k = rows if you dont have these you cant use 10k instead (stupid)

You then need to use:

1k for the collums and 10k for the rows.

Thanks Anyway

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price