Program with Two Initialise Macros wont Compile

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Jay Dee

Program with Two Initialise Macros wont Compile

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi,
When I try to compile a program the system seems to hang partway through the linking process.
I'm running flowcode V4.1.1.55 and PPP V3.10.14.28
I thinned the program down until I found the feature, which if removed would allow the program to fully compile but if present it will not. See attached flowcode prog.
The prog attached is a LCD screen initialise macro, CAN initialise macro and then just a loop. So nothing special... and if I remove either macro the program will compile fine but if both are present the process seems to hang.

Partial Text from Compiler Message window.

Launching the linker/assembler...
C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\BoostC\boostlink.pic.exe -ld "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib flowcode.pic16.lib rand.pic16.lib float.pic16.lib "Problem_Compiling.obj" -t PIC16F877A -d "C:\Documents and Settings\new user.NEW-F5682D72DEF\My Documents\PROJECTS\E-Blocks_and_FLOWCODE\CAN_Projects" -p "Problem_Compiling"

BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 6.95
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2009 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2009 David Hobday

Caution: Delay inaccurrate: 'delay_10us', Delay overhead:0ms, Unit delay:0.0101725ms, Delay resolution:1 units
Caution: Delay inaccurrate: 'delay_ms', Delay overhead:0ms, Unit delay:1.00016ms, Delay resolution:1 units

[ The program hangs at this point, I've waited several minutes. Until I press cancel, then ]

Return code = 259
User cancelled!
FINISHED

Any Ideas ? I can see anything stupid I've done in the settings. The LCD is on Port B and the CAN (via SPI) on Port C so I cant see a conflict there.... :?
If it compiles for others then it must be something with my program setup or old files.
Thanks, John.
Attachments
Problem_Compiling.fcf
Program has two initialise macros and does not want to compile.
(9 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

Jay Dee

Re: Program with Two Initialise Macros wont Compile

Post by Jay Dee »

:oops:
Had trouble applying the 4.2-4.3 patch so did a 'remove program' and ran the Flowcode 4.3 Pic upgrade from the web site, just done a quick check and the program now compiles. I'll check if I can now get the main program to compile later today.
I should have twigged something was upset when the patch would not run properly a couple of weeks ago when I re-installed V4 to this new laptop.
Lesson learned. :wink:
J.