Connection Points

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

CRAIG CHAMBERLAIN
Flowcode V4 User

Connection Points

Post by CRAIG CHAMBERLAIN »

Hi all!
Is it possible to use connection points to jump from one macro to another?
It didn't work for me anyway. Am I missing declaring them correctly?
If not, what is the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks,
Craig

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Connection Points

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Craig,
It is my belief that you should not be able to use jump connections (labelled A: B: etc.), only call components to jump from main to a macro.
This is because a macro is really a sub routine, as soon as the macro has finished, the program will carry on from the point just after where the call to the macro was made.
If you use another call macro component inside a macro you will have a great risk of corruption, and program could crash.
Each call to macro takes up a stack, then if delays are use more stacks are used. There is only a small number of stacks that can be used, and this can be exceed which is what causes the crash.
In a flowchart, it is good practice to try and avoid connections if you can. Well written flowcharts don't have any if it is at all possible.

Hope I have made sense.

Martin
Martin

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Connection Points

Post by medelec35 »

I have moved this topic to the V4 section as you are a V4 registered user.
Martin