Who can help with intelligent socket?

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Lancer

Who can help with intelligent socket?

Post by Lancer »

Hello every master,

Now I'm designing a intelligent socket. I use esp8266 as main chip with esp8266. I use hold relay as relay. There are two coils, so I need two way to control. The type of relay is HF115F - L5. At the time of closing relay, esp8266 will restart.I have added a stream diode in the relay coil. Also I have paralled pf / 2 220 kv ceramics capacitors on the closing point of the relays, but it still restart. Because of the lack of space , there is no space between the relay and esp8266 on the board.

Regards

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Who can help with intelligent socket?

Post by Benj »

Sounds like the ESP module is being starved of current when the relay is switching (brownout). Try adding some large electrolytic capacitors across your power rails. 100uF - 470uF should do the trick. Voltage doesn't have to be massive as long as it is greater than your supply rail voltage (probably 3V3).

Tantalum capacitors may be better then standard aluminium electrolytic caps as they can supply more current in a shorter space of time which may help to fend off the brownout. However saying this I usually just use aluminium caps as they are cheaper and they usually do the job.