V3 demo board documentation

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Markro

V3 demo board documentation

Post by Markro »

Hi,

Installed ASM for PICmicro v3.0 have v3 board.

Having had a few pop ups that told me to consult documentation I decided to look in the documentation in the Start->All program->matrix multimedia->ASM for PICmicros V3->Tools and there is a short listed as "PICmicro development board documentation". Clicked on it no file in the listed directory !

Went to installation disk searching for the listed file PICBOARD.pdf and found nothing, I did find a pdf called "v2board.pdf".

Does the document exist ?

Is it the right document ? - I noticed in the training there was a an intro section on making sure my parallel ports were set up right even though the board is a USB board.....?

Is the course work up to date ?.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

The datasheet for that board is here:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/datashe ... 8-60-3.pdf

A version 4 of this course will be released in the next month or two which will be fully up to date. If you are having any issues with the v3 course, please let us know - the course should work fine with the v3 dev board.

Markro

Post by Markro »

Will version 4 be available as a free update to v3 owners ?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Major upgrades like this one will be available at 50% of the price for customers who have v3.

In some cases, we also provide a "grace period" where customers who have bought the v3 course near to the release of v4 will get a free upgrade. I don't decide this - I will talk to my colleague and ask him to post here (but he is not here this week).

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

"Assembly fo PICmicros v4" should be released by the end of October.

Customers who have recently bought "Assembly for PICmicros v3" (i.e. on or after 1st August 2007) will qualify for a free upgrade.

DonFL

Re: V3 demo board documentation

Post by DonFL »

I just purchased V3 from a US distributor a few weeks ago. Looking at the (matrix) website, it references V4 (though the description still mentions V3).

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/product ... PHPSESSID=

Is V4 ready yet?

At the point where it is, how does one go about getting that *free* upgrade?...:)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: V3 demo board documentation

Post by Steve »

ASM4PICs v4 has been available for a number of months now and should be available from your dealer and I suspect you should receive a free upgrade if you have just bought it.

Please contact our sales team (sales [at] matrixmultimedia.co.uk) with some more details (e.g. purchase date, license type, dealer info) if you get no joy from your dealer and we'll sort it out for you.