Return code = 1, Windows 7 & Errors Not Dispalyed

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Return code = 1, Windows 7 & Errors Not Dispalyed

Post by medelec35 »

If you get "Return code = 1" but reason for errors are not displayed and Flowchart is saved in a directory e.g C:\Flowcharts which is not a library:
For some strange reason I have discovered a work around but not sure why it works (maybe less security):
Save the flowchart on and external flash stick. Compile to hex. Errors can now be seen.
Now save back in original directory. After compiling errors should not be suppressed (errors was displayed on my PC).
You you are facing Return code = 1 with no errors shown, can you let me know if this method works for you or not.
Note: is is normal for errors to be suppressed if semicolon is missing from Supplementary code window.
This is an issue with BoostC, not Flowcode.
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Return code = 1, Windows 7 & Errors Not Dispalyed

Post by Steve »

We believe that this problem just relates to Windows 7 PCs, and then perhaps only 64-bit PCs.

The latest release of Flowcode (the dsPIC / PIC24 version) has a fix for this. Other versions will need to use the workaround until we release updates for them.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Return code = 1, Windows 7 & Errors Not Displayed

Post by medelec35 »

Steve wrote:We believe that this problem just relates to Windows 7 PCs, and then perhaps only 64-bit PCs.
Yes, that what operating system I am currently running. I thought I would post this fix (hopefully will work for any one running FC4 experiencing same issues ). Not to report bug, as I did realise the bug is known one, until perm fix has been posted.
Martin

cantronicx

Post by cantronicx »

I get a very simular error, however if I close and restart flowcode4 without doing any changes, the program will compile to chip without a hitch.
And one more thing that is interesting... if flowcode is fourced to use only one CPU from the task manager by setting affinity and selecting only one cpu, this error will rarely occure.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

cantronicx wrote:I get a very simular error, however if I close and restart flowcode4 without doing any changes, the program will compile to chip without a hitch.
And one more thing that is interesting... if flowcode is fourced to use only one CPU from the task manager by setting affinity and selecting only one cpu, this error will rarely occure.
Thanks cantronicx,
That's two interesting points.
Now there are two workarounds posted. :)

Note: This issue also affects compiled OK flowcharts ( i.e Return code = 0 ), but amount of memory of chip being used is not displayed.
Noticed that when using HITEC C compiler.

Have you also got 64bit? windows7 ?
Martin