Decision Blocks and Macro Returns

Moderator: Benj

dbasnett

Decision Blocks and Macro Returns

Post by dbasnett »

It would be nice if the decision block would take a macro call that returns a value.

Pseudo Code Before

foo = bar

if foo then
'foo true
else
'foo false
end if

bar macro
if this return 1 else return 0
end bar

Pseudo Code After

if bar then
' true
else
' false
end if

bar macro
if this return 1 else return 0
end bar

Also, for what it is worth, I like the idea of single bit Booleans and 32 bit Long Integers. Writing the code for single bit booleans is not hard in flowcode, but can be prone to mistakes.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Decision Blocks and Macro Returns

Post by Steve »

dbasnett wrote:It would be nice if the decision block would take a macro call that returns a value.
This is a great idea, but I can't guarantee that is will make it into V5 of Flowcode. We are getting quite close to the end of development and I'm reluctant at this stage to add anything that has the potential to delay the project.
dbasnett wrote:Also, for what it is worth, I like the idea of single bit Booleans and 32 bit Long Integers. Writing the code for single bit booleans is not hard in flowcode, but can be prone to mistakes.
You will pleased to know that these new datatypes are available in Flowcode V5!

dbasnett

Post by dbasnett »

Steve wrote:
dbasnett wrote:It would be nice if the decision block would take a macro call that returns a value.
This is a great idea, but I can't guarantee that is will make it into V5 of Flowcode. We are getting quite close to the end of development and I'm reluctant at this stage to add anything that has the potential to delay the project.
Well keep it in mind. I was surprised that it wasn't there.
Steve wrote:
dbasnett wrote:Also, for what it is worth, I like the idea of single bit Booleans and 32 bit Long Integers. Writing the code for single bit booleans is not hard in flowcode, but can be prone to mistakes.
You will pleased to know that these new datatypes are available in Flowcode V5!
:D

Any idea when V5 will be available? Will there be a cost to upgrade from 4 to 5?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We're looking at a release at the end of the year. Our upgrade policy is usually 50% of the cost of the V5 price, but we have not fully resolved the list of versions and prices that will be available.

dbasnett

Post by dbasnett »

Steve wrote:We're looking at a release at the end of the year. Our upgrade policy is usually 50% of the cost of the V5 price, but we have not fully resolved the list of versions and prices that will be available.
My opinions, for obvious reasons, about upgrades.

1 - Anyone purchasing version 4 after 30 June 2011 should get a great upgrade offer, free sounds good :D .
2 - If I were doing this I would announce a limited time upgrade to version 5 for a ridiculously low price and at the same time announce that versions prior to version 4 would no longer be supported. If you are planning a year end release there would be plenty of time to get the word out.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

dbasnett wrote:Anyone purchasing version 4 after 30 June 2011 should get a great upgrade offer, free sounds good.
Unfortunately I think I would have great difficulty getting this past the marketing department!

dbasnett

Post by dbasnett »

I had to try. :P

As a tech person it took me a long time to understand the benefit of the sales / marketing departments.

allpicproject
Flowcode V4 User

Post by allpicproject »

Steve wrote:We're looking at a release at the end of the year. Our upgrade policy is usually 50% of the cost of the V5 price, but we have not fully resolved the list of versions and prices that will be available.

Btw, how about the bugs in ver4.x ? is it all will be solved in the latest of ver4.x or need to upgrade to ver5.x to get ver4.x bug resolved.

Just ask ( as I dont have much money to upgrade ... just bought ver4.x in Sept 2011 ) ... very nice if can upgrade for free because very small time gap. :D

Regards
Allpic

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We might have a new release of v4.x soon and we will continue to support this for some years yet. If you have specific bugs in mind, please let me know and I will try to get them fixed in the new version.

More details of the V5 release will be given at the beginning of next month.

We also intend to make free versions available to Flowcode users who help with its development or support. For example, active forum helpers like our "most valued" and those people who help with translations will get one. And in Spring next year we hope to release a new SDK for generating components, which will be another route for a free upgrade.

allpicproject
Flowcode V4 User

Post by allpicproject »

Steve wrote:We might have a new release of v4.x soon and we will continue to support this for some years yet. If you have specific bugs in mind, please let me know and I will try to get them fixed in the new version.
Thanks for the support.
Steve wrote: We also intend to make free versions available to Flowcode users who help with its development or support. For example, active forum helpers like our "most valued" and those people who help with translations will get one. And in Spring next year we hope to release a new SDK for generating components, which will be another route for a free upgrade.
What the 'translation' means ? ie from English to other language ?

I want to involve in 'new SDK for generating components' process if possible. Let me know when it's time come.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

allpicproject wrote:What the 'translation' means ? ie from English to other language ?
Yes - translation of the UI in Flowcode.

allpicproject
Flowcode V4 User

Post by allpicproject »

If you dont mind, may I see the list of UI to be translated into other language? or you may send it to my email ... allpicproject@gmail.com

My mother language is Malay Language / Bahasa Melayu ( I'm from Malaysia ).

Let me see if I can translate them into Malay language.

Regards
Allpic

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I will PM you with more information shortly...