Bluetooth, android App & Bootloader

For anyone wishing to receive additional help with a project or simply looking to hire an embedded contractor we have a few contacts who would be more then willing to help.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Bluetooth, android App & Bootloader

Post by Lord Grezington »

Hello all

We have a potiential project that we need to price together, however there are aspect of the project I have not done before and not too familiar with.

We basically need a freelancer who is happy to create an android application and communicate with a PIC micro via a bluetooth module. The app must be able to install updates both to itself as well as the PIC (hence the need for the bootloader).

We will provide all the hardware required (the bluetooth is only a small portion of the project, and we will be designing our own PCB). The rest of the programing will be done using flowcode, so it is essential that flowcode is used.

Thanks - PM me if your up for it.

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Re: Bluetooth, android App & Bootloader

Hey guys

I have not had many takers on this, do you think its too much? Should I break the requirement down into smaller tasks?

Thanks

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Writing a bootloader is not too complex, however most of the time a bootloader needs to be as small as possible, making Flowcode a less than optimal choice. (I’ve written a couple and am about to start on a new one which will probably be plain C code)

Also, you don’t specify what programming language is required for the Android App. As there is no Flowcode for Android (or did I miss something?) you will need another language. Which?
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Lord Grezington
Flowcode V4 User

Hi Kersing

I guess doing the bootloader in C would be OK as we could embed the code into a flowcode program (or compile to C and embed into the bootloader). I am not too familiar with bootloaders so let me know if I am wrong.

There is no specification for the Android app language. Preferably written on a widely available platform though.

Thanks