Add functions to Pic18F26J50 and Pic18F27J13

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

Errol

Add functions to Pic18F26J50 and Pic18F27J13

Post by Errol »

To Support
Is there any plans to add RTC functions to these two chips (18F26J50 or 18F27J13) or for that matter how about a DS1307 or DS1302 device/chip.
I think these would be nice enchantments to the PIC FlowCode.

Errol

Errol

Re: Add functions to Pic18F26J50 and Pic18F27J13

Post by Errol »

I see that Support is not going to answer my question so I guess the answer is NO :(

JonnyW

Re: Add functions to Pic18F26J50 and Pic18F27J13

Post by JonnyW »

Evening.

Sometimes it takes time to get through all the posts Errol, though we do try to answer posts as quickly as possible. Perhaps we are too busy adding RTC functionality to Flowcode?

Unfortunately, I don't think this has been mentioned as a component in v6 - our main priority at present is converting the existing v5 components to v6. In v6 there is a 'component creator' built in. This is a mechanism where you can create your own fully downloadable and simulatable components - such as RTC - for use with any chips that support this. The FCD files have also been reworked so it is easier to add notifications that functionality such as a RTC exists for a chip and read its details through Flowcode.

Unlike previous versions, it is easy with v6 to share components and build up your list of existing components, so anyone at any time can write a RTC component and share it on the forums.

I hope this helps.

Jonny