Help with SPI

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

Errol

Help with SPI

Post by Errol »

So first time using SPI, So I load the SPI icon and go to hook up my connection for CS,SCK and SDO. What I find is DAC and NVM and their is reference to either of these under help.
I take a look at other examples and they all use DAC and NVM :? I'm not sure what to do, I can deal with the CS but the SCK and SDO :?:
Any help would be great....

Just a note to Tech Support: I hope you expand your help file to include thing like DAC and NVM in V6

brandonb

Re: Help with SPI

Post by brandonb »

what device are you using? what i do is look at the datasheet and see what it needs to work then send that, usually they have timing diagrams that shows you what you need to know
if document part# i can look it up for you, spi is easy to use every device is different in the way it gets messaged

Errol

Post by Errol »

Hi brandonb
My question is not about SPI but with FlowCodes SPI. If you look at the connection for SPI your choices are DAC and NVM. How do they relate to SPI?
In my world DAC is Digital Analog Converter and NVM is Non-Volittal Memory.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

The DAC and NVM signals are for EB013, the Matrix Multimedia SPI board. That board has a digital analog converter and memory and the two signals are the enable signals for the chips. The signals are only used if you call the NVM_xxx or DAC_xxx macros. Feel free to ignore them and use any I/O pin for your own enable/chip select.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis