extreme low speed compilation

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

Jojo1981

extreme low speed compilation

Post by Jojo1981 »

Hello,

the Compiler Speed of the boostc Compiler is on my Workshop Computer (Intel Core Duo 2,8GHz / 4GB / WinXP) extreme low. One example, the workshop computer needs for a small program more than 45 minuets for the compilation. On my Workstation in the Office (Intel Core Quad 2,8GHz / 4GB / Win7 64bit Ultimate) it runs within 30 seconds.

Have someone an idea why this WinXp computer needs so extreme long time for compilation?

Kind regards,

Jojo

JonnyW

Re: extreme low speed compilation

Post by JonnyW »

Hello. Perhaps there is a virus scanner or some other program running that causes this slow down. I have never heard of compile times in this range before.

I suspect it is not down to your OS or HW specs, but some other installed program clashing with the BoostC compiler. What that program is I don;t know though.

Jonny

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
To add to johnnys post you could always open task manager, make flowcode program smaller so both flowcode and task manager are both visable on the screen , hit compile and check nothing starts hoggin rescourses in task manager
as an example say you had a program running called dave(everything should be called dave :lol: ) using 1 meg of ram and using 2% processor, now say when flowcode was compiling, dave jumped to 80% ram use and 98% processor use , then theres a clash betwix dave and flowcode
Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Jojo1981

Post by Jojo1981 »

Thanks for the fast Support to all of you,

I will try it in the reported way and hope that i will find the braking program.