Speech Output

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

Bobw

Speech Output

Post by Bobw »

I have been searching other post and do not see much information on speech output.
I am toying with the idea for a project that will be able to output 1-2 spoken words if set criteria is met. I am looking at a 3-4 word library.
I can easily handle the criteria part, but I do not know if there is a PIC with built in sound support, or would I need a separate module to handle the speech and audio amplification.
I have read the post where people have managed to read a SD card and output the file. I see where FC5 has some support for speech.
Any thoughts on this?

Bob

brandonb

Re: Speech Output

Post by brandonb »

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Bob,

Flowcode v5 can embed speech phonemes on board the internal flash memory of the microcontroller to allow you to output phonemes to build up words. There is also an example of streaming a WAV file from a SD card using the FAT component.

Flowcode v6 has the same speech phonemes but the simulation has a powerful text to speech engine built in allowing you to easily output warnings etc.

Bobw

Post by Bobw »

Brandon and Ben,
Thanks for the input.
I also found this:
http://electronic-4y.blogspot.com/2012/ ... odule.html
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5454

Which is exactly the type of circuit I need. Can easily make a PIC control which message and when it is played back.
I am not looking for CD quality audio, just a simple VOICE warning message. I am still looking, but the links above are the best match I have found, even though a bit expensive.

Bob