USART Component don't work

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

Nico595

USART Component don't work

Post by Nico595 »

Hello,

I add CDC USB Serial component in my customized component of FV5. This component use USART1 to drive the data from USB. But I can't find data on the USART1. I tried add RS232 Component only, don't work with the hardware mode, no data. Bad data in software mode. Have you update for the USART FV5 Component for ARM AT91SAM7S512 ?

Thank you for your answer.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: USART Component don't work

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

You would need to attach your chart for people to assist in the issue.

However v5 is very, very old now and unsupported other than by the forum so specific updates are probably not a high priority. Have you considered upgrading to v10? It's free to use and all components are free too. The website will provide full details but it is worth considering.

Regards

Nico595

Post by Nico595 »

Hi chipfryer,

Thank you for your fast answer.

I checked all defines in Board_Generic.h and AT91SAM512.h the last night, the CDC Serial driver code work fine with the UART1 today :)

You have right about the FC5, it's a old version but I can customize all FC5 Components and add my customized Components. I bought ARM FC6 Professional without use. I heard the FC10 version is now available with FC10 customized Components.

I don't understand why Matrix Flowcode Team upgrade the software and remove this function.
Now, if a member of the Flowcode Team replace my FC6 licence key by a FC10 licence key, I can use FC10 with the customized Components function as previous when I bought the FC6 version. If not I work with the FC5. It's always a very good version, probably the best for me. I don't need simulation and nice pictures with graphs to do my job.

Thank you again chipfryer,
Best,
Nicolas.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I have very fond memories of v5 as it's the first I really used to any extent.

In v10 the source code for components is made available too. This is quite a helpful feature. As v10 is free (for hobby use) you could always try it and see if it provides you with any benefit.

Regards