Autosave

Moderator: Benj

Jay Dee

Autosave

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi,
I really into a project on the weekend and got totally absorbed, when I ran simulation the program crashed. FC is pretty stable so no complaints but I had stupidly forgotten to save anything in the previous hour and lost it. :(
An autosave feature that keeps a backup version every 5 or 10 minutes would be great, since these things happen.
Thanks,
John.

Spanish_dude

Re: Autosave

Post by Spanish_dude »

Or some sort of recovery system like in MS Word/Excel

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Jay Dee wrote:An autosave feature that keeps a backup version every 5 or 10 minutes would be great, since these things happen.
Nice feature if it uses a different file name. When I'm working on a file I do not want FC to automatically overwrite the file I opened, I might want to keep the original and save the reworked flow chart with a different name.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

kersing wrote:
Jay Dee wrote:An autosave feature that keeps a backup version every 5 or 10 minutes would be great, since these things happen.
Nice feature if it uses a different file name. When I'm working on a file I do not want FC to automatically overwrite the file I opened, I might want to keep the original and save the reworked flow chart with a different name.
Agree with that, I usually use version number of my files like 1.0,1.1,1.2 etc.. The autosave could be nice, but sometimes it could cause problem if it's overwrites the existing save, it's not once or twice when I had to backed the older files when something goes wrong..

Mika

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

This is something we are looking into, it would be soemthing you could turn on or off in global settings and would be entirely seperate from the main Flowcode file you are working on (ie it would create a Flowcode_auto.fcf) or something similar.

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

That would be great!
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com