zigbee component

Moderator: Benj

Jason Q

zigbee component

Post by Jason Q »

Hi I am doing a project for college using the free version of flowcode v5.
In my project I require to transmit a digital output from an adc using zigbee e-blocks.
I wrote test programs for an LCD eblock and an adc and them programs compiled to my pic 16F877A.

When I introduce the zigbee component and attempt to compile my programs to the chip a screen appears to tell you that the version of flowcode will only compile certain features eg LCD, adc, pwm etc.
Zigbee is not on this list???

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: zigbee component

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi Jason

Sorry but you need the Professional version of Flowcode to compile the Zigbee component.
As you see the free version only does the basic components.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

Jason Q

Post by Jason Q »

I have got the professional version of flowcode and can now compile the zigbee component.
I have compiled the initialise coordinator program to my chip 16f877a and it worked correctly.
I am having problems adding the second node (router). I took the example files to adding a node which uses a keypress transmitted to a GLCD.
I am trying to transmit an ADC value to an LCD so I changed the program around taking out the GLCD for an LCD and the keypad for the ADC.
I left all the variables untouched and the zigbee parts of the program yet it would not connect to the router.
If somebody could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

What I need to find out is how to write a simple program to connect both nodes together, one containing the coordinator, multiprogrammer board and an LCD, and the other containing a multiprogrammer board, the router, and a temperature sensor connected to the ADC pin of the 16f877a.

I have lost a lot of time waiting to get this version of flowcode and I really need to get this going.
It seems a simple task but as I mentioned I have no experience with Zigbee and little experience with flowcode.

Thanks guys

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Jason
First off can you follow the link in my sig and sign yourself up to the V5 forums as im afraid we cant help unless you do as you have the proffesional version.
Once done please attach a flowchart to a new thread in the V5 forum and someone who uses zigbee will more than likely have an answer

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Jason Q

Post by Jason Q »

I have been looking through the forum for problems using the zigbee component.

I have came across few guys having problems with baud rates. I wonder could this be the case with me too. The reason I think this is because I successfully initialised the coordinator so the problem is connecting the end device to it. The LEDs of both coordinator and end device are flashing as expected but the coordinator is not sending the char '1' in order for the end device to receive '1' and transmit back the char '2' which in turn makes the connection. ( ups the device count by 1)

I am using EB051 boards for both coordinator and end device and I have 2 multiprogrammer boards. The zigbee boards are connected to port c of the multiprogrammer boards and both multiprogrammer boards contain a K19.6608 crystal.

I am using the example programs from the coarse notes on the matrix examples in circuit boards. The first example was to initialise the coordinator which set up the network.
Next was adding a node which is where I encountered the problem.

For such a simple task this is taking a lot out of me as i cant get my head around it and I know its just a small mistake I cannot see.

hyperion007

Post by hyperion007 »

Jason, if you are using the professional version, why are you posting in the forum for the Free Edition?

Please follow the link as Dazz asked if you could do, then post your flowchart file here so we can have a look at it. It's impossible to help otherwise.

/Daniel

Jason Q

Post by Jason Q »

I can't because I cannot find the licence key required to log in. I have been searching for it all day that is why I am using the example files unchanged just to try and get the end device to connect. You could open the example files for the eb051 and you would be able to see the first example to initialize the coordinator and both node 1 and 2 of the second example.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Jason
If you send a PM to DAVIDA he can sort that out for you as he can look up your licence key for you, the thing is we are all busy and give our spare time to help which is why we ask users to do some legwork, if you post a file you have created then someone could look it's a big ask for us to download files and look through them, it's less of an ask if a user posts the files and adds a comment or two as to whats going wrong. We as VC arn't being awkward or selective it's just we are just users who give our sparetime to try and help others, so we you to help us to help you
Kindest Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php