AVR DUDE ( (USB TYPE )

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

ALAN_26

AVR DUDE ( (USB TYPE )

Post by ALAN_26 »

HELLO

Is it Possible to use AVR dude ( USB type ) with FLOWCODE and if yes how can i do it ?

Thanks in advance

ALAN

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: AVR DUDE ( (USB TYPE )

Post by Sean »

Flowcode for AVR is supplied with a USB compliant copy of AVR dude which is used as the standard programming software.
The parameters entered in the 'Programmer' section of the Chip->Compiler Options menu are passed to AVR dude during the download process.
The default configuration is for the AVRISPmkII programmer using USB. Other options that have been tested are: AVR Dragon using USB, STK500v2 using RS232.
It should be possible to use any other programmer supported by AVRdude by replacing avrispmkii and usb in the programmer parameter list with the appropriate values for the selected programmer. Use the information exactly as it appears in the AVRdude documentation.

Examples:
%a avrispmkii usb "%f.hex" %cfg %c0 %c1 %c2 %c3 -u - default settings for AVRISPmkII over USB

%a stk500v2 com1 "%f.hex" %cfg %c0 %c1 %c2 %c3 -u - alternative settings for STK500v2 over RS232

ALAN_26

Post by ALAN_26 »

Hello Sean

Thanks for your reply I Have this problem when I try to download to chip .

“ avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

Error returned from [avrdude] “

The driver is installed correctly , I think the problem is that my avrdude is not the MKII
I never used it before because usually I program my MCU’s with a universal programmer this one here ( http://www.xeltek.com/product.php?productid=16142 ) .

But this time I need an ISP so Ii both one on ebay , My AVR DUDE is this one here ( http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/ )

I’m lost , if any one can help me would be relay grate

Thanks

ALAN

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

Hello Alan,

The version of AVRDUDE supplied with Flowcode for AVR supports the usbasp programmer. You should be able to use the programmer directly from Flowcode with the following settings in the Programmer parameters section of the Compiler options panel:

%a usbasp usb "%f.hex" %cfg %c0 %c1 %c2 %c3
(check the AVRDUDE documentation for the exact spelling of the programmer definition)

Failure to communicate with the programmer could be due to driver issues. It might be possible to uninstall the driver supplied with the programmer and select the LibUSB-Win32 driver supplied with Flowcode. Unfortunately we are unable to test this solution for you, but it has worked with other programmers.

ALAN_26

Post by ALAN_26 »

hello sean

tanks a lot for your help , the usbasp now works 100% i just had to replace the parameter string .

Thank again

Regards Alan .