Flowcode

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

goldwingers

Flowcode

Post by goldwingers »

Hi guys, Im still using what i believe is version 1 of flowcode, I dont use it that often as it is a hobby ( one of them) but i have a problem... I can write flow diagrams but i cant even compile it to an ASM file (for some reason) it just fills the screen with unknown identifier (i think) and says TrisA is unknown?....

Should i be thinking its my crap laptop again (dont answer that)

But really why cant i assemble?

Cheers

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi im quite new to Matrix so im not sure why this is happening.

Steve will be back next monday and he will probably kwon a lot lot more about your problem then I currently do.

In the mean time I suggest you get the demo copy of flowcode 3 that is available via our website. This should allow you to compile and should be 100% compatible with your existing flowcode program. However remember to save a backup as flowcode 1 cannot read flowcode 3 files.

samdel

compilling problem

Post by samdel »

hello,
After reinstalling Flowcode :
When I try compile (compile Pic to asm) I have the following message in the cmd window : " unable to open input file Suite\p16f873.inc"
"Preprocessor error"

and the file p16f873.inc is in C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite

Where is the problem ?

Regards
Samdel

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Goldwingers:

V1 of Flowcode is quite long in the tooth now, so I can't offer an immediate fix - but I think it's something to do with the compiler settings within Flowcode. For example, if you installed a new version of MPLAB, you may need to "point" Flowcode to it.

I also think Ben's idea of trying our v3 demo is a good idea. Although I doubt whether you would be happy with v1 after trying out v3 (it's a big improvement!).

If all else fails, please send a sample "FCF" file with the generated "C" file to our support address. A screenshot of the compiler settings may also help.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Samdel:

This sounds like a similar problem to Goldwingers, but I think I know immediately what is going on.

If you change the "include" directory entry in the "compiler options" window to the old "8.3" style of naming it should fix the problem - i.e. use "C:\Progra~1\Microc~1\MPASMS~1". Alternatively, put the entire path in double quotes.

goldwingers

Wow

Post by goldwingers »

OK Steve,
I guess its Ver 3 for me, I uploaded the demo and all worked fine, it even compiled to ASM - OK now for the next part

I looked through your site for a couple of hours and there is no way to purchase V3, I even saw your comment about dont try to do it before 01/11

Your site also gives no indication of the V3 price...

Will V3 work with rev 2 dev boards on a parallel port

Is it worth buying a new dev board with USB? - dont really need to go down the E route

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I've asked some of my colleagues to update the info on the website, so that should happen sometime today. We're still not completely ready for a proper launch, but the demo that is on the website is essentially the product you will receive.

This demo is cut-down, but we can supply a 30-day full trial which should keep you all going. Details of how to get this will be up on the website soon.

As for moving from the v2 board to the v3 board, this is not essential at the moment. Flowcode v3 works fine with this board.

But increasingly, PCs are being produced without parallel ports and so you will soon find you need a USB-compatible board (ie. the v3 dev board).

goldwingers

Thanks

Post by goldwingers »

Thanks Steve, you have put my mind at rest