Watchdog problem using LCD in version 3.2.2

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Rosenbaum
Flowcode V4 User

Watchdog problem using LCD in version 3.2.2

Post by Rosenbaum »

A few versions ago there was a Problem concerning the frequency and the LCDΒ΄s:

http://matrixmultimedia.com/mmforums/vi ... &view=next

This Problem is solved in Version 3.2.2. But now the watchdog stops the program. I just compiled an old ( working) program again with the new version and now it is not working anymore , bekause the watchdog stops it. Only if i reduce clock frequency down to 2 MHz ( using a 4 Mhz quarz) it works. And also the sign code seems to be changed, because now i got different sings on the LCD whe i compile the program again with the ne Flowcode version

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

In general, we do not recommend the use of the Watchdog timer because there is no way to reset it during the delay icons within Flowcode.

If you have to use it, assign the prescaler to the watchdog and set the prescaler to the maximum value. If you are using an 877a, you would need a 'C' icon with the following code inside:

Code: Select all

option_reg = 0xFF;
Regarding the sign code, please explain more and we'll look into that problem.

Rosenbaum
Flowcode V4 User

Post by Rosenbaum »

IΒ΄m using a PIC16F818 and I reset the watchdog every few steps with a c-code "clear_wdt();" . I realize delays with loop and a 1ms delay and in the loop also the c-code for the watchdog reset. but I will try to bring in your idea in my initialization

Rosenbaum
Flowcode V4 User

Post by Rosenbaum »

But anyway, it seems to work with the c-code