Strange Request - Huge program needed for 18F2620

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ron

Strange Request - Huge program needed for 18F2620

Post by Ron »

Hi (still newbie at all of this),

I have paid a person in Romania to write a bootloader for 18F2620.

Here is his latest info for probelms I ran into. he does not have access to 18F2620 so he is only simulating the code in Proteus, he does have 18F252. I wrote a simple blink LED program for testing purposes and when it did not work he asked for the code that was in the 18F2620 so I saved it to a hex file.

Here is his latest responce

I identified the problem from hex files (were very ussefull). It was not about speed.

Did the folowing:
1)Programmed 18F252 with your hex (even if it was for 182620 for 20 mhz). It worked fine except the blink was slower.
2)Simulated 18f2620 in a special way. Found the true problem and the solution for it after a day of work. (here is late evening now).
18f2620 has a problem when writing every 4th page (64 bytes) (code for 4Mhz has 3 pages and code for 20Mhz has 4 pages). So was not about speed.
3)Did a simulation to test the last change but in simulation i did not writed more than 4 pages. (i need much more extra auxiliary work).

I placed the release at status report (including a hex file compiled for 20Mhz).
Test it with a larger code.
I expect that the code will work with no problems now.

I need a large program that someone already has written and is willing to compile, 20MHz, 18F2620, and provide me with. I am out of the country for several weeks and must finish this with the programmer soon, I do not have access to my flowcode, it is on my PC at home.

Can anyone supply me an already written program that exceeds the 4 pages the programmer is talking about for the 18F2620.

It really does not matter what the program does, I just need to be able to test the fact that the program downloads to the pic and then runs properly.

If your program is large and does not blink a single LED have it blink RB2 on and off would be great. If possible a second version that blinks RB4 on and off once per second. I am having my wife run these tests while I am out of the country and I have the circuit breadboarded. I have RB2 and RB4 wired. By having 2 versions that each blinks a different LED I can have my wife (registered nurse) download via RS-232 and she can easily see that it is functioning.

I told you this was a starnge request, I am in a difficult position and am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks

Ron