Restricted user account problems

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Steve
Matrix Staff

Restricted user account problems

Post by Steve »

I've just answered the following query posed by one of our French colleagues. I am posting it here as it may help others using this forum:
Admin account, Flowcode and C2C run fine. User account, Flowcode runs fine but we get the following error message when we run the command (Compile to PIC) -> Impossible de crΓ©er le fichier C:

C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode\Tutorial\F88_Tut_01.C

(translation of Cannot create C file ...).
FlowCode first creates a 'C' code file that is then sent to C2C, but the error message seems to say that this 'C' file cannot be created in the first place. This is understandable because users will not have read/write access to the specified directory. There are 2 ways around this:

(1) The simple approach is to first "Save as..." the FlowCode tutorial file into a directory that the user has R/W privileges for (e.g. "My Documents" for that user). Then compile to PIC as normal. This should solve the problem.

(2) An alternative is to make that specific directory R/W accessible for all users. To do this, right-click the "Tutorial" directory and select properties. Select the "security" tab and apply the appropriate permissions (i.e. "full access") to the required user group.

I would recommend the first approach as it means that the tutorial files themselves cannot be deleted or modified.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hi, I'm also trying to work from a user account on XP workstation.

When I lunch "compile to pic" then C2C stop and a error message occur such : "try to lunch C2C from a administrator account ...it will be activated for all others users".

I decided to register manually by executing :"c2c.exe register" and enter the licence number found in key.txt file. No success at all.

I mention we use FAT32 so no security policy...and under the administrator account C2C run fine.

Have you got any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Pascal.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Pascal,

This is a slightly different issue relating to registry access by C2C.

The user account needs to have full control (read/write access) of the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses

This can be changed by selecting "Start...Run" and typing "regedt32.exe". This works in a similar way to the standard "regedit" program, but additionally allows you to change the permissions for individual registry keys and/or 'hives'.

I hope this solves your problem.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your reply !

I change autorisations with regedt32.exe and it works.

Best regards

Pascal.