Dev Board Audio Jack

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

RobOnk

Dev Board Audio Jack

Post by RobOnk »

Hello,

A question on a totally different topic. (sorry not sure how to start a new topic string)

I have the version 3 development board, and I want to test the audio jack output.
Or more specifically understand it's usage. I am considering buying the separate DAC/SPI E-block, which of course had additional features I know, but... ($$$$)
The datasheet for the (ver 3) board mentions the audio jack can be used "for tone generation", can a tone be sent to the A0 output? If so, how?

Thanks, Rob

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Dev Board Audio Jack

Post by Benj »

Hello Rob

New topics are created by going to the area you wish to post in and clicking the "new topic" button.

The audio connector on the V3 dev board is connected to pin A0. You can generate a square wave tone by outputting alternating logic levels on the pin. The delay between the pin toggling controls the frequency of the audio.

eg to output a 100hz tone simply delay for 1 / 100 = 10ms / 2.

loop
{
output 1
wait 5ms
output 0
wait 5ms
}

RobOnk

Post by RobOnk »

Hello,

I'm trying out the "record" project from the van Dam book.
I believe I have it working...well sort of. (using the SPI/DAC board) EB-13 I believe)

I don't have a microphone so I'm inputting a simple sign wave.
I can record(?) and playback the tone (coming from a func. generator) however if I disconnect the func. generator the playback will stop, after a second or so.
I expected the recorded tone to be stored in memory, so why does the tone stop? Also, I cannot playback the tone w/o the tone input connected.

Thanks, Rob

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Rob,

I don't have any knowledge of this particular program. You might be able to get help about it on the Elektor forum.