Let Us Know What You Are Doing With Flowcode

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Benj
Matrix Staff

Let Us Know What You Are Doing With Flowcode

Post by Benj »

Dear All

Flowcode is being used for many different reasons to control or monitor a vast range of sensors / equipment / activators. We know of people who use Flowcode to send timing signals to Racing Cars, people who use Flowcode to keep the time on a Church Clock and a whole range of other applications.

If you have a new and maybe wierd use for Flowcode then let us know about it. Its good to see what it is being used for out there in the "real world". And you never know it may help us to improve the functionality in the future. Sorry no prizes at the moment but at least you will have credability.

Chet

Post by Chet »

I use Flowcode to create musical instrument (pipe organ) controls. :D

Jerry

Flowcode used in.....

Post by Jerry »

1. Displaying real time lap times and store of up to 99 laps in race car. Using 1 x 16f877 and 2 x 16 line lcd Module

2. Displaying a series of 10 leds for the 'shift' point for changing gear in race car ( 200 rpm seperation to keep in power band ). Using 1 x 16f877

3. Stripping unwanted chars from rs232 ( sea talk bus ). ( using 1 x 16f628 )

4. 8 channel data logging of race car parameters ( susp/throttle/g sensor/batt volts/lap marker input ect ).( using 16f877 x 2 ( 1 for display and 1 for computing/storing talking to each other) and 8 x EEPROM Array 24AA256P for storage. Using 2 x 16 line lcd Module ( and download to PC hyperterminal at 115200 speed)

Item 5 is used in this data logger application.

5. Converting wheel speed sensor ( chopper )( DIP switch programable for different Diameters ) into proportional 5v dc signal ( to feed into analogue pin of PIC ). Using 16f872

6. Converting twin axis 'G' sensor ( ADXL 202E ) output into series of leds indicating for/aft and port/starboard position ( fancy programmable spirit level ! ).( under development 03/01/07 ) Using 16f872

I use EPE's Toolkit TK3 to program all my Pic's

SO FAR .....more will no doubt follow with the arrival of V3 Flowcode.

RAMTEC

Usin FlowCode in

Post by RAMTEC »

1- Line Power Regulator 3KW or +
2- Power Invert
3- Line Voltaje Protector (Hight and Low voltage)
4- Cut-off for battery charger

reiner stockfisch

Post by reiner stockfisch »

I am just developing a coil winding machine. This means control of 2 stepper motors. One stepper for main drive and the other stepper for the feeder. The equipment shall cover the semi professional range. It contains a variabel speed at main drive as well as feeder, number of rotations and control of direction.
I am using e-Blocks. USB - programmer, LCD and switch modul. The stepper driver has been delveloped my myself and is beeing connected by a 9 pin Sub D connection to the USB programmer.
It took my 3 hours with flowcode 3 to have the basic routines. ItΒ΄s a really great tool !

Dirk Bubley

Post by Dirk Bubley »

Hi,

in the moment iΒ΄m designig a Lipo Battery WatchDog monitor with PIC 16F88 and E-Block`s.

Flowcode is a real help!!

IΒ΄m nearly finished with programming and testing (it took approx. 12h)

The WatchDog will monitor my expensive Lipo Batteries.

BR

Dirk :)

EddieB

Post by EddieB »

Well I only have the multiprogrammer, the LCD screen and the prototype board... The prototype boards enough for me at the moment, but im just experiment until I buy some more eblocks. Im very interested in the bluetooth and the Internet boards.... Also the various sensors.

Cheers

pedroguedes

Flowcode used for...

Post by pedroguedes »

I'm using flowcode for controlling elevatores

EddieB

Post by EddieB »

My latest project is an electronic lock... I have a solenoid connected onto my prototype board, a keypad and an LCD screen..

If you enter the correct pin the solenoid contracts and allows access :)

Im hoping to buy some more such as the bluetooth board and control things with the relay board also.

Cheers

FCCHow

Post by FCCHow »

I am using Flowcode to design a system which displays 10 LEDs, have three switch inputs, lights up a Luxeon, and gives multiple sound playback for each button pushed.

I am trying to figure out how to use SPI to control the LEDs and the sound IC chip, reading up on MAX7219, ISD4001-120 and PIC. This is because I want to keep the pin counts to minimal, so, I an thinking about the PIC16F88 and not the PIC16F628A as it does not have SPI. The PIC16F877A is too big.

Worst case scenario, I will use PIC 16F628A for the LEDs and switch inputs, then the sound would be using ISD25xx series. For the Luxeon, I hope the PWM module would solve my problems.

For someone who does not know machine coding or C language, Flowcode is heaven sent. But I still have to read more as the tutorials are a bit limited for me.

Johan Gagiano

Post by Johan Gagiano »

I have used Flowcode for dedicated PLC in:
 Gear cutting machines
 Production line controlling machines
 CNC XYZ profile cutters
 NC & CNC lathes and milling machines
 Automated generator startup & frequency/rpm controlling
 Bottle fillers in the food industry

I am currently working on an irrigation system for the fruit farming industry.
This include RS485 CAN Bus, if time allow wireless nodes.

Flowcode is more versatile than some people think!!!! :D

xtdan

Post by xtdan »

Hi,

We are interfacing leisure vehicle habitaion electrical systems to vehicle cabs, and also making control panels for the habitaion electrical systems.

Flowcode has been a real help speeding up programming time!

mabd

Re: Let Us Know What You Are Doing With Flowcode

Post by mabd »

Training and teaching Pic at the university level and some other small projects.

Dirk Bubley

Post by Dirk Bubley »

...at the moment i`m doing a altimeter project wich is already running very good!!

Flowcode is a great fantastic tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Best regards
#
Dirk Bubley

vidor

Post by vidor »

I'm working on a PWM generator and controller for Induction heating project .
The controller vill read temperatures, currents and giving frequencies determined by a PC through an RS485 communication.
Flowcode is a great tool and the support is very good.
I love it.

Best regards
Vidor

Henk

Post by Henk »

Hi there,

I use Flowcode to make a micro wetherstation with temperature, barometer, windspeed and winddirection.
Also I make a program for a flightsimulator and many other programs.

I like flowcode. It's a great program.

Henk Middendorp.

on3adc

Post by on3adc »

Hello,

I use flowcode to make a controller for my electric gate in the garden.

greetings Filip

goldwingers

Post by goldwingers »

Building an electronic bite alarm, the alarm is opto coupled on the input side to allow different types of bite alarm to interface, It has a daylight sensing so it halts operation whilst awake. A mode selection switch to allow different alarm periods from 5 sec to 20 sec with auto reset. The program took just under a day to sort out. PCB designed and ready for manufacture. Next level to integrate an RF components FM 4 channel radio module to it so it can then roam around my bivvy

Ian

Polanco

Post by Polanco »

I built a 8 guitar effects true bypass relays programmable combinator. It also displays the song name in a 16x1 LCD and has 6 scenes - combis of 8 reles states - for each song.
Each song transmits a MIDI change program to control an external delay gear.
IΒ΄m using it since last year in tours and it stays working fine.

carlstein

Post by carlstein »

I use flowcode in my designs for sound and lighting effects in theme parks, ghost rides etc. I have a range of MP3 based music and background effects players and sequencers which all use a Flowcode designed interface.

The best use I had out of a single PIC16F88 was a for a 5 target shooting game which I refurbished, including solenoid outputs, joystick, sensors and serial output for the sound module, and coin entry switches.

This game, called "shoot dem bones" was the first commercial system I built back in 2002. It is still working and can be played at the "Hesketh Collection Coin Machine Museum" At Wigen near Manchester.

Carl Stein
STEIN Electronics

khaled yasin

Post by khaled yasin »

using flowcose3 for my project,its a fire fighting robot and flow code 3 is like a saver to me....keep up the good work

khaled yasin

Post by khaled yasin »

FlowCode is amazing ...........................................................forever

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Switching the Christmas lighting displays in Leeds and surrounding areas.

We will be replacing the software in our PIC control boards with flowcode generated hex files as its a lot easier than assembly! We are already planning the new designs for next year so things will be a lot more "flashy" in 2009! :lol:

Cheers
Gaz

Castor01

Post by Castor01 »

I'm using flowcode to design some simple devices such as slave relays, delayed switching, noise commanded switching or systems controlled by servo model. It's easier to work than pure C or asm. I'm sometimes surprised by the difference between simulation and the real chip (glitches, toggling levels...)

echase

Post by echase »

Toyota Prius cars are wonderful but have some quirky features like having no water temperature gauge or tacho.

Many owners are electronics engineers and have worked out how to add these features or even to hack certain things in the car to make it run even more economically. Although some devices were available commercially from enthusiasts for this (none PIC based) they are no long sold, so I am building a PIC based dashboard display that displays on an LCD some of these missing things and enables control over some of the things you can hack. As I can’t write C or Assembler, Flowcode is invaluable to programming the PIC.

Electronics and Practical Electronics http://www.epemag3.com have a special offer at moment where you can buy a PICkit programmer with a 887 PIC on a development PCB all for Β£10. You have to buy a magazine to get the offer. The PCB alone is worth more. Using this PCB I can minimise the work involved in making my display. Offer may close soon.