Keypad Flocode

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

miz.man

Keypad Flocode

Post by miz.man »

hello Benj

I am Manuel, I searched the forums for keypad queries and read a couple of them, however when I downloaded some of the attached files, I was not able to open them the Flowcode which I am using is V1.0

Currently I am working on a project which involves a PIC16F877A, 4x4 keypad, an LCD display and 3 stepper motors (SMA, SMB and SMC). A 3 digit number is to be inputed from the keypad (e.g 145), it will be displayed on the LCD screen and then every stepper motor turns according to each digit. (i.e. SMA turns 1 cycle, SMB turns 4 cycles and SMC turns 5 cycles).

My first problem is of how to create a Flowcode to receive inputs from the keypad.

The one I tried didn't worked. I made 8 inputs (one for every bit B0 to B7) and then made a calculations, saying NUM1 = B0 + B4, then a loop and a decision in it saying if Yes=NUM1 display on LCD.

Thank you for your help
Regards
Manuel

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Keypad Flocode

Post by Benj »

Hello Manuel

Im afraid that versions 1 and 2 of Flowcode are no longer supported.

The examples on the forum should mostly open in v3 with some of the newer examples only opening in v4.

Flowcode v4 has steppers, LCDs and 4x4 keypads built into it so you could be up and running very rapidly.

miz.man

Post by miz.man »

Hi Benj

Yes your right. Its almost ten years old now. The lecturers agreed on purchasing a new one, however we should finish our projects by the end of this semester and the new kit might be bought later than that. :|

Any ides of how can I create Keypad inputs in Flowcode please.
I would greatly appreciate given suggestions because I could not get around this problem
thank you very much

Manuel

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

The free demo version of Flowcode v4 supports the keypad and will generate the C code to drive it. You could probably then use this C code in your version 1 of Flowcode with a few minor alterations. Alternativly you might be able to do everything using the demo version of v4.

miz.man

Post by miz.man »

hi

Ok then, I'll try Flowcode V4 demo.

thanks very much :P

manuel

miz.man

LCD digits

Post by miz.man »

Hi Benj

When a 3 digit number is inputed via a keypad and displayed on an LCD, is it possible to create some sort of macro or calculation to take each digit separately. As each digit represents the number of turns on the respective motor.
please.
thank you

manuel

miz.man

Post by miz.man »

hi

I found a solution to my problem. Separating a three digit number so that every digit corresponds to its motor or whatever one want to attach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQVAPuAol1w
thanks to G4PMY

thank you

Manuel.m