EEPROM halts interupts

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Lazy Haze

EEPROM halts interupts

Post by Lazy Haze »

Hi, i have a working DMX decode program under Flowcode V3 and as i store the DMX address in EEPROM this then halts any further interupts (i think) pressing the reset button causes the prog to continue to function correctly. i have tried to re initialise the interupts to no avail. What other registers get affected? is there an easy fix? :roll: the EEPROM store function in Flowcode V3 seems to be the culprit!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: EEPROM halts interupts

Post by Steve »

Please post a simple example program and we'll look into this.

Lazy Haze

Post by Lazy Haze »

I have stripped out most of the code and this i think demonstartes the prob a low on PA2 for three seconds causes a store then it all stalls!
Attachments
DMX EXAMPLE.c
(17.27 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

The interrupts are being re-enabled in the EEPROM write function. What may be happening is that the UART is receiving characters while you are writing to the EEPROM. This could cause an error that then causes the UART to lock up the system. After performing your EEPROM writes maybe you could do a dummy RS232 read to try and kick off the receive interrupt again.

Let me know how you get on.